Lightning

So-Cal Shock Extenders A+

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004 | 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Tim Skelton
Call them. The So-Cal Web site is a mess.
Thanks Tim.

And my I say that your website I one of the best tools an L owner has. I've used it several times.

Old 04-08-2004 | 04:15 PM
Did you get both shock extenders? If so are they the same bracket or different brackets?

I ordered mine a little while ago and told SoCal that I needed the 2 different brackets and they sent me 2 of the same instead.

So installed one of them, and actually both shocks now have the same amout of travel, one with an extender and one without.

Old 04-09-2004 | 01:14 AM
Originally posted by captainoblivious
Did you get both shock extenders? If so are they the same bracket or different brackets?

I ordered mine a little while ago and told SoCal that I needed the 2 different brackets and they sent me 2 of the same instead.

So installed one of them, and actually both shocks now have the same amout of travel, one with an extender and one without.
I don't understand. What is the difference? I seem to recall that both of mine were the same size and lowered the shock eye the same amount on each side.

What is asymmetrical about the rear shock layout?

Old 04-09-2004 | 01:52 AM
|
I believe So-Cal sells shocks specific for the Lightning. I bought a set off of a guy that had an HD and had to adapt the drivers side extension because that side is different on the HD..I believe. However both are the same angle and so forth. They probably sell sets for regular F-150's and I'd guess that the shocks mounts are different. Possibly they mount on one side and not fore and aft like the Lightnings. Maybe they sent you the wrong one's. Do you have an L ?

Old 04-09-2004 | 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Twisted99
. . . Do you have an L ?
Yup. See the pic halfway back up the page.

Old 04-09-2004 | 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Tim Skelton
I don't understand. What is the difference? I seem to recall that both of mine were the same size and lowered the shock eye the same amount on each side.

What is asymmetrical about the rear shock layout?
I was going by this:

http://www.nhtoc.com/forum/showthrea...hock+extenders

If you remember from a post way back when, I posted 2 pictures of my shocks. The passenger side the O-ring was almost up to the top and the drivers side was about halfway up. If I remember pre-shock extenders my drivers side had about 1.5" more travel then the other.

Move forward to shock extenders. I installed one on the passenger side and now both shocks have close to the same amount of travel, but the passenger side has a different angle.

Never got around to installing the the other though.

Quick Reply: So-Cal Shock Extenders A+