Lightning

MP blower or Apten ported eaton?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Apten porting significantly weakens the supercharger casing resulting in significant flex. This flexing reduces supercharger expected life to about 50K depending on pulleys used.
and
All I can tell you is that an Apten modified blower was sent to Eaton and the engineers out of curiosity did an evaluation of it.
From Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: Allegation
Function: noun
: an assertion unsupported and by implication regarded as unsupportable <vague allegations of misconduct>

Main Entry: urban legend
Function: noun
: an often lurid story or anecdote that is based on hearsay and widely circulated as true <the urban legend of alligators living in the sewers> -- called also urban myth

Old 04-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the input!

I'll be going with an MP set up. For the additional 1100$ I'll have a complete second blower..I'll sell the stock eaton and further bridge the gap.

The Apten port seems like a great deal -but it's completely hidden mod..I think in the long run if I ever decided to sell the truck being able to show the buyer a visible upgrade is worth more.

So more performance with a longer upgrade mortality curve..and better resale..for less than a grand more.

Thanks again

Quick Reply: MP blower or Apten ported eaton?