Lightning

+01 After Market Fog Light Replacements (pics inside) <<<

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by johnathanh
Very nice

But do they fit on the 99-00 L??????
Considering that the newer models require a different sized light I can' really tell you whether they would fit or not, your best bet would be to go to Walmart buy a set test them out (just unlpug your old ones, or however they come out) and if they don't fit just return em

Old 04-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Very nice

But do they fit on the 99-00 L??????
I have a 99L and did the same thing. E-mail me and i can send you some pic of what I did. There is a little fabrication but nothing big.

These lights are really bright!! I am constantly getting "flashed" by on comming cars.

camario.1@netzero.com

Old 04-19-2004, 04:48 PM
well Ill be damned... I looked at a set of those at Wal-mart about 3 monthes ago ...saw the "glow ring" put them right back on the shelf. I didnt know you could run them without the lame neons... they looked like the right diameter to me... I will have to try a set after all I guess.

Good job

Old 04-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Konig
well Ill be damned... I looked at a set of those at Wal-mart about 3 monthes ago ...saw the "glow ring" put them right back on the shelf. I didnt know you could run them without the lame neons... they looked like the right diameter to me... I will have to try a set after all I guess.

Good job
If you aren't sure about them let me know, I will be back around the 20th of next month and you can check them out, I wanna see that roll pan anyways

Old 04-19-2004, 07:32 PM
is this the fog lamp?? the 4 1/4 inch??http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/...&storeId=10101

Old 04-19-2004, 07:57 PM
is this the fog lamp?? the 4 1/4 inch??http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/...&storeId=10101
Yep those are them, exact ones I have on my truck, and no you don't have to use the color glow rings I didn't and they turned out fine. Walmart has them for 10 dollars less also.

Old 04-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by FLBigDog
Yep those are them, exact ones I have on my truck, and no you don't have to use the color glow rings I didn't and they turned out fine. Walmart has them for 10 dollars less also.
Thanks FLBigDog

I am going to buy those

Johnathan

Old 04-19-2004, 10:12 PM
I have one more Question

Did you use the bracket (that held the old fog lamp) on the aftermarked fog lamp??

How did you attach the new fog lamp on the bracket???

Thanks again

Old 04-19-2004, 10:26 PM
Nice!

Old 04-19-2004, 11:06 PM
I have one more Question

Did you use the bracket (that held the old fog lamp) on the aftermarked fog lamp??

How did you attach the new fog lamp on the bracket???

Thanks again
If you look at one of the pics on the first page from the rear portion of the front bumper you can see that they fit in the stock locations hole very very tightly. One of the side portions that the bracket that came with the fogs hooks up to comes through of of the stock holes. I just wrapped a aip tie through the larger hole then through the fog light hole then through the last smaller hole in the bumper and tightened the zip tie up. If the fog manages to come loose somehow, the zip tie will hold the damn thing on there so it doesn't fall out onto the ground. I don't really see them popping out though, I have driven over a lof of these chitty northerm roads at some high speeds since I put them in and not one hint of the fog light loosening up. Hope that helps.
-Patrick

Old 04-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by FLBigDog
If you look at one of the pics on the first page from the rear portion of the front bumper you can see that they fit in the stock locations hole very very tightly. One of the side portions that the bracket that came with the fogs hooks up to comes through of of the stock holes. I just wrapped a aip tie through the larger hole then through the fog light hole then through the last smaller hole in the bumper and tightened the zip tie up. If the fog manages to come loose somehow, the zip tie will hold the damn thing on there so it doesn't fall out onto the ground. I don't really see them popping out though, I have driven over a lof of these chitty northerm roads at some high speeds since I put them in and not one hint of the fog light loosening up. Hope that helps.
-Patrick

Thanks Patrick

Old 04-20-2004, 01:54 AM
Thanks Patrick
Glad I could help

Old 04-20-2004, 09:34 AM
I picked up a set last night, Im not to crazy about the fit though on my 2000 ....the diameter is smaller, so there is a large gap all the way around... Im going to actually mount one of them tonight to get a better look....but as of now it looks like Wal-mart will be getting them back.

Either way, was worth a try

Old 04-20-2004, 10:53 AM
As I said, they had only been tested on an 01 so I couldn't really guarantee them fitting any other years, sorry about that. At least other people with 99-00 trucks will know that these won't work the way I have set them up. At least you guys still have texas mustang, those will always work.

-Patrick

Old 04-20-2004, 02:54 PM
Ok, I have gone to two walmarts, looking for the Cyberwhite by Navigator PN; NV-607WK. With no success!! Is the part number correct? I also looked at the CyberWhite by Navigator web site and they do not show a fog light with a part # of NV-607WK.
I see the original post is from Florida, I’m in Texas, Maybe they have not arrived here. Please help; my fog lights are an eye sore! I even went to the Walmart web site and still did not find them!! Thanks.

Quick Reply: +01 After Market Fog Light Replacements (pics inside) <<<