Lightning

Installing oil PSI guage..PROBLEMS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004 | 12:07 AM
|
Banned
Installing oil PSI guage..PROBLEMS!!!!

Today I received my Lotek A pillar pod and Auto meter Lunar tranny temp guage and oil PI guage. I started the install and removed the oil PSI sending unit and replaced it with the one that came with the Auto meter guage. I ran a 18 guage wire from the new sending unit to the post on the guage that had the paper tag on it saying this was the post to attach the wire to. I then wired up the positive and negative wires for the light in the guage. I started the truck and turned on the head lights, the guage lit up and the needle was pegged out, way past 100PSI??? I dont get it?? The instructions say the the guage should be grounded when you screw the new oil sending unit into the block. Whats wrong?? The tranny temp waw wired the same way and it works fine?? Also, now that I had to unplug the wire from the factory oil sending unit, the oil light on my dash stays on?? What to do about these 2 problems??

Old 04-18-2004 | 12:28 AM
just put a tee where the factory sending unit was and hook both of them up. That's what I did......do a search, Speedin Bob has a good write up on it somewhere here.....JR

Old 04-18-2004 | 12:45 AM
Cool

If your gauge is slammed all the way over, the sending unit or wire is probably grounded out.

Disconnect the sending unit wire from the the gauge and turn the truck on. If the needle still slams all the way over, there is something wrong with the gauge. If not, reconnect the sending unit wire at the gauge.

Now disconnect the sending unit wire at the sending unit. Turn the truck on. If the gauge still slams, inspect the wire for a short to ground.

If the gauge doesn't slam over, the sending unit is suspect.

Put a tee and reconnect your factory gauge...

Quick Reply: Installing oil PSI guage..PROBLEMS!!!!