Lightning

Polished C&L Intake Pipe??

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polished C&L Intake Pipe??

Where can i get one and how much? I just saw some picks of the one on KBZILLA's truck and now i just have to have one.

Thanks
Zach

Old 04-23-2004, 12:19 AM
Lightning Force Performance has them polished

Old 04-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Do they do a good job of polishing the peice or should i have it done somewhere else?? Is the C&L Logo polished off?

Old 04-23-2004, 12:16 PM
The polish job was "fair." I wouldn't say it was fantastic.
Both the one I got and my friend's came out with a bunch of pits
and not entirely mirror finish shiny. If you're wanting to put in some extra elbow grease after the hard work was done to smooth the C&L and grind off the C&L lettering... then you can make it look better. If I had to do it again, I would purchase the unit and take it to a local polisher where I can keep bringing it back until it meets my satisfaction.

Old 04-23-2004, 06:24 PM
I can tell you that Next generation Motorsports has polished numerous upper intakes,pullies and other engine parts and I can tell you that the C&L castings are NOT smooth castings. You will not be 100% satisfied with the results. I have seen 3 of them and none of them look good enough for my truck. Even when powdercoated , they need to be done 2-3 times to get a thick enough coat to hide the pits.If you must have a C&L then plan on either getting it powdercoated a couple of times or leave it alone. Just my .02

Old 04-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I also got a C&L intake from Mark and it had the 'infamous' pits in it...it's not the highest quality casting, so it isn't the fault of the polisher. As you work on removing some pits you're bound to bring out others as the casting seems pretty pourous. Mine is at a chrome shop right now to see if it can be chromed (figured one or two dips in copper before chroming it may hide most of the pits). Don't buy it thinking it's going to be the best looking, smoothest polished piece under your hood.

Old 04-23-2004, 07:28 PM
should have mine in a few days from LFP, I guess I'll have to hope for the best on the poishing job...

Old 04-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Old 04-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Mark's (LFP) are not actually "polished", they are ceramic coated. It gives them a "shiney" look, but by no means should be taken for a polished piece.

Old 04-23-2004, 11:19 PM
I polished mine. I spent about 2.5 - 3 hours. I used a sanding disk starting with coarse grit then went to fine then wet sanded and finished up with mothers on a buff wheel. It now looks like a mirror but still has some small pits. You can never get rid of all the pits because it is a cast piece. you could actually grind clear through if you tried. Like I say it now has a mirror finish with a few small pits that can only be seen up real close. I'm pleased with mine and it is easy to do. C&L logo was removed.

Quick Reply: Polished C&L Intake Pipe??