Lightning

My Truck.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004 | 08:03 AM
|
Thumbs up My Truck.

Well I don't even know where to start so I will just go for it. I made a decision to go all out at Cecil last fall with my stock motor. It survived the adventure. So after that made the decision to go "built." Had some long talks with many people. I finally decided to bring the truck down to Tommy at Outrageous Performance. We decided on on a built lower end(Manley rods, CP pistons), ported and polished heads and Stage 3 Comp Cams. I told him to take his time and that there was no rush. I wasn't planning on driving the truck thru the winter anyways. He did his thing and kept me up to date all the time with what was going on. Very exciting experience to say the least. Truck was done a few weeks ago, it still needed some fine tuning but I WANTED it. I picked it up for a little bit but brought it back down to get fine tuned. Well I picked her up last Thursday. Seems to be running great. I was trying to get to the dyno last Saturday but no one had any spots. I plan on getting on the Dyno either Wednsday or Thursday after work. I am not looking to set any records on my first time out, so don't expect me to. Just looking for some nice strong numbers. The truck pulls HARD. I am seeing 16 pounds of boost but I have a smaller upper pulley in the center compartment if I want more. I just want to get some numbers and check everything then have Tommy do some more tuning. I checked the Englishtown schedule and it isn't looking very good for the next month or so, so I may take a trip to Atco or Cecil for some track numbers if anyone is interested in going. I am sure I will think of other things to say so I will add them later. I would also like to thank Tommy and Outrageous Performance for a good running/mean sounding truck. Thanks Bud! -Mat-

Oh yeah, I know a few people already know all about this because of a certain "Brown-Noser." Thanks for ruining the suprise Johnny!

Old 04-27-2004 | 08:50 AM
Re: My Truck.

Originally posted by SVT F15O
Well I don't even know where to start so I will just go for it. I made a decision to go all out at Cecil last fall with my stock motor. It survived the adventure. So after that made the decision to go "built." Had some long talks with many people. I finally decided to bring the truck down to Tommy at Outrageous Performance. We decided on on a built lower end(Manley rods, CP pistons), ported and polished heads and Stage 3 Comp Cams. I told him to take his time and that there was no rush. I wasn't planning on driving the truck thru the winter anyways. He did his thing and kept me up to date all the time with what was going on. Very exciting experience to say the least. Truck was done a few weeks ago, it still needed some fine tuning but I WANTED it. I picked it up for a little bit but brought it back down to get fine tuned. Well I picked her up last Thursday. Seems to be running great. I was trying to get to the dyno last Saturday but no one had any spots. I plan on getting on the Dyno either Wednsday or Thursday after work. I am not looking to set any records on my first time out, so don't expect me to. Just looking for some nice strong numbers. The truck pulls HARD. I am seeing 16 pounds of boost but I have a smaller upper pulley in the center compartment if I want more. I just want to get some numbers and check everything then have Tommy do some more tuning. I checked the Englishtown schedule and it isn't looking very good for the next month or so, so I may take a trip to Atco or Cecil for some track numbers if anyone is interested in going. I am sure I will think of other things to say so I will add them later. I would also like to thank Tommy and Outrageous Performance for a good running/mean sounding truck. Thanks Bud! -Mat-

Oh yeah, I know a few people already know all about this because of a certain "Brown-Noser." Thanks for ruining the suprise Johnny!
congrats mat!!!!!! I can't wait to see it run!!!!!!!
Now your gonna need a cage like me!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2004 | 08:51 AM

OH snap!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2004 | 10:08 AM
Mat, congrats on the truck man. Looks good I saw it at Tommys a couple times. I heard you build 4r100's and was wondering if you could build me one in the near future. Sorry for jacking your thread, good luck with your truck Its gonna fly!!!!!

Old 04-27-2004 | 10:11 AM

Congrats Mat Now you need to change your sig

Old 04-27-2004 | 03:00 PM

Hey Matt, don't mention it. BTW, good luck with your new combo, we should have a great season this year.

Old 04-27-2004 | 03:58 PM
did he mention anything about the conditions of your old engine parts? Just wondering if there is any way to determine how well the old rods and pistons were holding up.

Old 04-27-2004 | 05:24 PM
Looks like 10's are definitely in somebody future. But you didn't hear it here.

Old 04-28-2004 | 08:27 AM
|
Thumbs up

Thanks for the kind words guys. Hope to hit the dyno tonight or tomorrow. Will you keep you all up to date. -Mat-

Old 04-28-2004 | 08:42 AM
CONGRATS MAT AND BEST OF LUCK
DAM, ANOTHER BUILT MOTOR W/KB,
I'm gonna have to pick up an SRT-10 to keep up soon
OR SOMETHING
(Dodge boys say we can throw 250 HP of Nitrous to stock Motor)

hehehehehehehe...............

Old 04-28-2004 | 10:22 AM
I have the stock block here and it looks great!!!! The only thing I did notice is the head gaskets wer both on the way out.

Here are some pics of the famous block:

Old 04-28-2004 | 10:26 AM
Tommy has been great about taking care of me too. Can't wait to get my beast back with his built motor! *rubbing palms together*

Old 04-28-2004 | 10:38 AM
Sounds good Mat...

Old 05-23-2004 | 09:35 AM
|
TTT since it seems like quite a few people missed this judging by my last post. -Mat-

Old 06-14-2004 | 10:09 PM
|
Originally posted by bad00
Mat, congrats on the truck man. Looks good I saw it at Tommys a couple times. I heard you build 4r100's and was wondering if you could build me one in the near future. Sorry for jacking your thread, good luck with your truck Its gonna fly!!!!!
Hey bud, sorry I missed this before. If you need some tranny help I would be more then glad to lend a hand. I am loving my "built" 4R100 and laughing all the way to the bank. Feel free to Email me:

svt_f150@sbcglobal.net

-Mat-

Quick Reply: My Truck.