Lightning

Missing at part throttle/cruise speeds

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004 | 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Cali L
Well I'll be damn, I took the hose off the top of the diaphram, stuck a foam earplug in the elbow, let hang, PROBLEM GONE I hope it stays that way. I would love to tear all that crap out, but I don't have (or have means to make) the block off plate. Anybody want to donate a little plate. It's been awhile since it's ran on all 8 at part throttle. Nice. Thanks for the info and advice all.

BD
Easy. Here's the tools:

Here's the blockoff plate:

Just drop the circle in between the EGR and upper plenum.

To remove the whole thing, just get some metal scrap, and cut out a piece to cover the hole in the plenum. Go get 2 cheap bolts to match the thread of the bolts that hold the EGR valve in.

To cover the hold in the exhaust manifold, go buy some brass adaptors and garnden hose cap. The threads on the manifold are your typical garden hose threads and 3/4" size.

Old 11-24-2004 | 11:47 PM
hate to wake this up from the dead... but did you guys have this 100% of the time or when you first started it up and it was in closed loop (or open, i forget which is which) it ran fine? im having the part throttle hesitation at 40 mph but only when it warms up. when i start it up in the morning it runs perfect until it warms up. just curious to see if it's the same problem.

Old 11-25-2004 | 12:49 AM
|
mine was a egr valve problem

Old 11-25-2004 | 02:37 AM
hows easy is it to remove all the EGR parts? im installing my exhaust system anyways tomorrow

Old 11-07-2009 | 06:37 PM
I'll be darned. I spent $200, 4 hours, and the usual blood, sweat, and cusses - plus almost burned down the garage - story for another day - to rid me of that stummble at 1500 rps, and all I had to do was plug the vacume line? CRAP! Worked as advertized.

What I did was: Remove and Clean Throttle body and down pipe, R&R EGR (PAIN IN THE ****(use LOTS of HEAT)), R&R 4 vac lines, Seafoam intake/oil/gas, PCV Valve and tube.

WHY did that work? 250k on truck, 40k on junk yard engine.

Old 11-11-2009 | 01:39 PM
mine was doing this last week. turned out to be the dpfe sensor.

Quick Reply: Missing at part throttle/cruise speeds