Lightning

Questions and Comments

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004 | 03:34 AM
|
Question Questions and Comments

I have a long list of thing that I want to go through and ask, but first I just joined the board. Just got my L, yesterday. However my father owned it since new. He sold to me after buying his new SRT10 Ram. At this current time, I must say I have been nothing but impressed with the truck. After a proper and gentle break in done by my mother for dad, as he does not have the self control to drive nice, we went out and made quite a few runs. Solo passes and actual pulls. My lightning Gteched a 13.92@91.1mph best, and a average of 14.03@90.7mph(15 pulls over 5 hours). The SRT10 ran a best of 13.02@106.1mph, amd a average of 13.11 at 104.9mph. Our portable weather station showed that the elevation during the night ran between 3680 ft and 3870 ft above sea level. SRT seemed to run quicker as the night went on. However it only has 950 KMS. I the next month I would like to do a few changes so I don't have to see his taillights.

My Questions are as follows:
1) Suspension clunk noise when wheels are fully turned, how do I fix it?
2) What alignment specs should I use? Truck is summer daily driver.
3) I want to lower the truck, but I am planning on road racing/open road eventing the truck. What package or combination works well? Any test numbers would be great.
4)What brake packages are you guys running, cause the factory brakes fade real bad, real quick.
5) Transmission work? Valve body, shift program, torque converter, pan and cooler are the thought that I have. Any help?
6) Does the aluiminuim driveshaft make much of a differance compared to the steel one?
7) I am thinking of doing a KB right of the bat, then doing a build longblock this next winter. Adding bolt ons as I go. GOOD/BAD? A custom chip will be done at the same time as the blower.
8) What exhaust systems work? Dyno numbers would be great!
9) Intercooler upgrade? Worthwhile? Whose?
10) Any other real problems I should know about? I am going to do the 100,000KM/60,000M sevice about 20,000 km early as the truck has been stored alot, and them drive real hard.
Thanks guys for your help. In the next two or three weeks I should be able to post video from an upcoming secret street event night. Thanks

Old 05-08-2004 | 04:03 AM
Congrats on your new truck.

Here is some advice that will serve you well.

1. You are way more likely to get a response when the questions come less than 30 at a time.

2. The answer to every single question that you posed is just one button click away (top right of this page):

You will get more information than you can possibly get in this thread and we will not have to go back over already fully discussed subjects.

If -- after doing your homework -- you have any specific remaining questions, you will find lots of people here willing to help.

Old 05-08-2004 | 04:07 AM
|
Thanks

Old 05-08-2004 | 10:21 AM
One more thing -- for road racing info, my Web site has a pretty good collection of info.

Quick Reply: Questions and Comments