Lightning

God, thank you for my lightning...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
God, thank you for my lightning...

Well, I've owned my Lightning for just over a week, and I have to say thank you to the good lord, ( or whatever higher power you choose to believe in) for my truck! I mean, damn! It's just everything I always imagined it would be and more. I was really hesitant to trade in the stang. I loved that car, really I did. But after driving my new baby, I know I made the right decision.

She needs an alignment, and the hood has imperfections in it, that the dealership told me about before purchasing, but that will be fixed soon. ( wet sanding at the dealership + alignment to be done).

The only down side is last night was the first time I actually filled her up from almost empty. $42.00 with an 1/8 of a tank to start.

I'm not complaining though. I just hope the gas prices level off a bit.

Question: Can we alternate using 89 and 93 or will that hurt the performance, or God forbid, damage anything?

Thanks for putting up with my rant.

- Jake : Proud new owner of the best damn truck in the world!

Last edited by 2003BlkSVTL; 05-10-2004 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:22 AM
NO! do not use anything less the 91 octane. There is no knock sensor (pinging, detonation) what ever you like to call it, but without something to detect and adjust the timing to stop the detonation it will destroy the motor.

I think you can get a chip or a program written and uploaded into the CPU that would allow you to use 89 octane, that’s something a turner would have to chime in about but if that is possible you will lose some performance because of it.

And your right these trucks FREAKING ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Cool

Welcome to the boards cya at moroso.

Old 05-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Welcome 2003BlkSVT,

Congrats on the L, but do not run anything lower than 91. I haven't heard anything that says you can with a program or not. Oh, don't worry about ranting, this forum is for asking questions and sharing info. Take it easy. Oh, what part of South Fla? I'm in Tampa.

Phil

Old 05-10-2004, 12:36 PM
my view on gas:

I never run anything under 91 octane.
and I buy my gas at stations that have one hose for 3 or 4 different octanes, so i know I'm getting some 87 octane at first. to counter this low octane, I alternate between 91 octane on one fillup and 93 octane on the other fillup and keep going back and forth.

It is more expensive BUT think of it this way.

Premium is generally 20 cents more a gallon.
I generally put in 20 gallons.
So when I fill up with with Premium I spend a whole $4.00 more.

If I had a choice between driving the grand cherokee and the lightning and it was a $4.00 choice... this is a no brainer.

Hell a long island at the bar costs more than the difference.

Old 05-10-2004, 12:45 PM
Re: God, thank you for my lightning...

Originally posted by 2003BlkSVTL
Question: Can we alternate using 89 and 93 or will that hurt the performance, or God forbid, damage anything?
What does it say in the instrument cluster? PREMIUM UNLEADED FUEL ONLY

Old 05-10-2004, 01:05 PM
As far as fuel goes, always feed her the best 93 octane, after several months then you start to add two gallons of toluene, and one gallon of Zylene with a touch of mystery oil, for good measure, Its addicting as heck, and very difficult to stop mixing your own. I know what you mean (giving thanks to a higher power) I gave thanks for the first year, and still do after a good smoky burn-out (happens often). Welcome and good luck!!!

Old 05-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Glad you like it. The good part is the feeling of exhilaration DOES NOT go away.

Old 05-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Re: God, thank you for my lightning...

Originally posted by 2003BlkSVTL
Well, I've owned my Lightning for just over a week, and I have to say thank you to the good lord, ( or whatever higher power you choose to believe in)
My higher power is young skinny Strippers & Hookers
But I hear you Brother, It is the best of the best, NO DOUBT
Wait til you figure out what a L is really all about, stick around, listen and learn, only use the best octane and fuel you can find, and get your CC out, cause the moding will begin shortly.
WELCOME JAKE, CONGRATS , & BEST OF LUCK

Quick Reply: God, thank you for my lightning...