Lightning

Huge thanks to Don's Bolt

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004 | 06:27 PM
|
Huge thanks to Don's Bolt

I can't thank Don enough for helping me today with what could have been a huge problem!

Many of you know Don but may not realize how much he helps all of us Lightning Brothers out.

He came to the track today just to meet with the guys and to bring all of his tools and equipment for the rest of us to use. He did not race as the weather was unbearably hot and he would not have improved on his personal best of 10.90.

It was also nice to have the first NELO get-together of the year, rather small turnout but nice never-the-less.

Anyway....now for the rest of the story...

I had turned up the ole' girl to full boost (around 20 psi) and was hoping for a ten, but really just a shake down run getting ready for FFW E-town next weekend...
Traction was horrible, had to peddle the throttle and then off she went, then at around 5800 rpm in 2nd gear KABOOM and I shot a ball of flame that could be seen for miles, or atleast from the starting line....

A coasted to the end of the track, no fluid leaking that I could see, I drove it to the pits and Don went to work!!

Don spent the rest of the afternoon changing my plugs (twice) and cleaning and drying my coil packs as the upper rad hose clamp was weak and soaked my drivers side plugs/coils.

We/he finally got it right and I made a couple of low eleven second runs to make sure it was fixed.

Anyway, Don Your the best buddy!!

Last edited by fomocofan; 05-15-2004 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2004 | 07:03 PM
Hey we are all familly

I have been helped out by many people in the past, and if I know if I need anything someone would be there for me.

I remember one time last year in the middle of Pennsylvania in a pooring rain storm, the pulley to my electrick water pump came off and took both belt with it. Who came to the rescue and pulled his truck off the trailer and towed me to Norwalk. Oh ya I remember who it was, Fomocofa, thats who.

Ya your right at 93 degrees I wasn't in the mood to run today. It was more fun helping the guys, run as fast as they could by letting them use my portable fans.

As for your truck, that defective hose, or clamp has me thinking. I am going to get some new hoses and clamps, so I don't run into the same problem Maybee someone makes a cool se of Blue hoses, that would look cool.

Old 05-15-2004 | 09:13 PM
Ya, we're pretty lucky to have the good people we do. Also...congrats on the low elevens in this heat....thats pretty wild!

Old 05-15-2004 | 09:35 PM
Don is the man and he really is the Don mafia leader per say of Nelo, big mafia family we is

Old 05-15-2004 | 10:30 PM
Don's the New England area rep. His job is to help every lightning brother in need.

Old 05-16-2004 | 12:45 AM
ya

Don is the man!!!

I hosied up his fans, battery charger, and pump!!!

I was gonna steel his truck when he was helping Jamie but I figured he would have heard it comming down the track and I would have been screwed!!! Dead Givaway.

It's really great to have a group like we have. I wish some of the loners up the track would come hang out, but some people just do their own thing and that's fine.

It sure was nerve wrecking when Jamie's truck backfired off. My stomach dropped, but i didn't see any smoke start comming out and figured it may be alright, which I turned out to be. Watching him abort runs and coast to faster times than half of us were running is amazing. A couple guys near the lanes were like yeah......that silver truck is running low 12's. I was like yeah, not bad for shutting it down at half track huh?

Quick Reply: Huge thanks to Don's Bolt