Lightning

I got NOS, but can I use it

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004 | 10:01 PM
|
Unhappy I got NOS, but can I use it

i have a NOS KIT ( DRY) 50-125 shot for my L which came with the truck but the previous owner removed it after he shucked 7 gees for new ford block installed after slinging a rod.

The point is that i still have the kit laying around the house but i think i cant use it on the stock block considering im already in the 400/500 club (15 lbs boost) and what had happened to the previvous owner

does anyone have advice on what i should do with the kit or converting it to a WET shot and more tuning?

or sell the kit (after all i heard DRY is dangerous) and save up this summer for forged block and more boost?

Old 05-18-2004 | 10:36 PM
Just sell it and get something with a proven record.

Rich

Old 05-18-2004 | 10:40 PM
either of the last two would work. a wet shot with some tuning would mean fun now, but if you can afford it a forged bottom end is the way to go, but you would probably have to buy a new wet shot kit after that i would get a built engine and trun up the boost if you can afford it. otherwise i have heard you really can't go over a 75 wet shot. at 15 lbs of boost you would probably have to spray even less.

Old 05-18-2004 | 11:15 PM
Re: I got NOS, but can I use it

Originally posted by 8aSS
i have a NOS KIT ( DRY) 50-125 shot for my L which came with the truck but the previous owner removed it after he shucked 7 gees for new ford block installed after slinging a rod.

The point is that i still have the kit laying around the house but i think i cant use it on the stock block considering im already in the 400/500 club (15 lbs boost) and what had happened to the previvous owner

does anyone have advice on what i should do with the kit or converting it to a WET shot and more tuning?

or sell the kit (after all i heard DRY is dangerous) and save up this summer for forged block and more boost?

if you really want to spray it now the way it is, I would only go with a 50 shot... maybe a 75....... But I would definately be saving up for a built lower end so you can take full advatage of the nitrous....

edit: I would just get the solenoids and other parts to convert it to a wet kit......

Old 05-19-2004 | 12:10 AM
NOS

Try the wet system with conservative shot of 50 HP. I wouldn't recommend the dry system of NOS for your Lightning for safety reasons. This is just my own opinion from research. Good luck.

Old 05-19-2004 | 04:00 AM
8ass

If I remember right I think Sal at PSP was one of the first to run nitrous on his L. You might get in touch with him and ask his opinion. I am sure he could give you an honest assesment on your alternatives or lack of em.

Mark

Old 05-19-2004 | 05:30 AM
As said, Wet ONLY for the L, as also said a 50 shot with a safe tune should be just fine, any more and your pushing your luck.

Old 05-19-2004 | 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
As said, Wet ONLY for the L, as also said a 50 shot with a safe tune should be just fine, any more and your pushing your luck.

Now thats funny coming from you

8aSS

First, change your screen name
Second, either convert the dry to a wet (If possible) or sell it and buy a wet kit if your set on nitrous

Quick Reply: I got NOS, but can I use it