Lightning

Victims Of Idiot Drivers!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004 | 11:41 AM
Talking

It seems that I often fall victim to the dreaded "cripple sandwich." An old person with a handicapped tag/plate behind me and one in front - often in a 50mph zone going 25mph. So slow, in fact, that changing lanes is impossible. It's especially fun when they do things like ride the brakes, brake for no reason, signal at every road/driveway, or leave their blinker on all the time.

Belive it or not, I've even been the middle of a "cripple sub sandwich." VANS in the front and rear instead of your regular Town Cars or Grand Marquis. Man, talk about sweating *****...80 years old and cruising at 25mph below the speed limit in a land yacht.

Old 05-25-2004 | 12:02 PM
Re: whip

Originally posted by Lightning Bob
Nice meeting you at FFW. I really feel for you, as I've been screwed by several uninsured drivers myself.
Hope your insurance company is better than you think and they take care of you.

Lightning Bob

Bob...nice meeting you too. I had a cop buddy do some looking into things, and I found the actual owner of the car, who does have insurance, and I will be going after him....hopefully things will work out.

Old 05-25-2004 | 12:28 PM
Originally posted by SlowSVT95
Hmmmm..... Sounds like Jersey.
You can say that again.

But I have to say, this past weekend I encountered many PA plates trying to get to and back from the shore. They can't handle NJ.

Old 05-25-2004 | 02:10 PM
Originally posted by SlowSVT95
Hmmmm..... Sounds like Jersey.
LOL! The following did happen in (south) Jersey:
A couple weeks ago, my boss was driving his county vehicle (a Durango) at about 50 MPH when an elderly woman driving a Cadillac in the oncoming lane made a left turn right in front of him. She was so close when she turned -- without signalling -- that he hit her passenger's side front fender, totalling both vehicles. He had a couple minor cuts and bruises (and airbag burns, I imagine); I don't know about her injuries.

Old 05-27-2004 | 09:55 PM
7 months ago I was t-boned by an idiot who ran a stop sign. This happened 7 days after i bought my truck. I went to the doctor again yesterday, $13,000 in repairs, $3,000 in rentals, and way more than i want to think about in doctor bills later.

I am in pain every single day, my truck is a complete heap of ****, and my insurance agent, the adjusters, and the folks at my ford dealer will no longer speak to me. Which is fine actually because my lawyer is an even bigger ******* than I am and I'm pretty sick of them too.

now:

I would give more details, but it would take all night. We'll just say I'm less than happy with Ford, State Farm, Geico, and the ******* that hit me.

Old 05-27-2004 | 11:13 PM
I was hit sitting in the dry cleaner drive through 3 weeks ago. I'm sitting there, waiting to get my cloths, when I feel the dreaded hit from the rear.

So in my mirror I see a darned mini van. Now these people make me want to puke anyway, so out of my truck I come, attitude in high gear. About this time I see that someones 90 year old grand ma is driving the darned thing. So I draw back in my horns and looked at my bumper. No damage was done and I tell granny in my nicest, "speaking to grandma" voice, it's all OK...don't worry about it.

What surprised me was that there was no damage. She bumped me pretty darned hard. Enough to jolt me forward a bit.

I got a big kick out of the political statement at FFW last week end. He was speaking for a whole lot of us. It's good to be back in my own country.....LONG LIVE THE SOUTH!!!!!

Rocks

Old 05-28-2004 | 04:38 AM
Originally posted by jtmiller02
7 months ago I was t-boned by an idiot who ran a stop sign. This happened 7 days after i bought my truck. I went to the doctor again yesterday, $13,000 in repairs, $3,000 in rentals, and way more than i want to think about in doctor bills later.

I am in pain every single day, my truck is a complete heap of ****, and my insurance agent, the adjusters, and the folks at my ford dealer will no longer speak to me. Which is fine actually because my lawyer is an even bigger ******* than I am and I'm pretty sick of them too.

I would give more details, but it would take all night. We'll just say I'm less than happy with Ford, State Farm, Geico, and the ******* that hit me.
I know how you feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-28-2004 | 05:05 AM
hey rodcobra, i remember that, how did that turn out anyway? Get money for damages?

Old 05-30-2004 | 12:23 AM
Not yet and they are doing everything they can to get out of it ,but my lawyer will have something to say about that!!!!

Old 05-30-2004 | 12:33 AM
Originally posted by rodcobra
I know how you feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your truck was one of my favorites.

Old 05-30-2004 | 11:56 AM
It is not totaled ,and it wiil be fixed. Just the insurance is trying not to pay for anything at all ! If they don't I will fix it mysefl out of my pocket ,but I think my lawyer will help some

Quick Reply: Victims Of Idiot Drivers!!!!!