Lightning

JL Does it again... 10.25@133.45

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004 | 12:29 PM

no vid of this i want to see this bad mother ****** scoot

Old 05-29-2004 | 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
GO JOHNNY GO
CONGRATS, it must be nice to be the King...........
I am so tired of hearing Johnny Lightning this, Johnny Lightning that.

Not that I am jealous or bitter.
Congrats by the way.

Old 05-30-2004 | 11:17 AM
rscoleman

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Duende
JL uses 52" traction bars, right? He gets some sick 60' times, with shorter bars... Is there anything special about those traction bars over the 58" offered by everyone else, besides the shorter length? Or is it in the shocks and weight of his truck?

Just don't understand those freaking impressive 60' times, and why his bars are a few inches shorter then the others...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long bars (long/low intersect points) create traction for the longest time but react slowly and are lazy off the starting line. Short bars (short/high intersect points) created traction for a shorter time but react much faster and launch harder than long bars.

rscolman: I must say hats off to you for hitting it on the head.. Yes your right. thats why i designed our bars differently, because i knew thru MUCH testing! the design of our JLP bars were the *perfect* length!..Thats why you'll see the trucks making enough power with our bars will lay down 1.4 60fts. I firmly believe my truck with a well prepped track will produce 1.3 60fts! using our Bars..We might give it a try @ MapleGrove this comming NMRA event. The track will be prepped for sure!
JL

Quick Reply: JL Does it again... 10.25@133.45