Lightning

The Wizard of Noz has arrived, WOO HOO

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004 | 06:14 PM
Originally posted by MaxPower
heh - they'd have to be REEEEEEEEALLLLY small nuts to be pulled through the filter medium

I've heard that about Rob.. Gator told me.

Old 05-28-2004 | 07:12 PM
I have a question, are you runnung fuel to one of those solenoids? If you are isn't it going to soak the filter element??

Old 05-28-2004 | 07:24 PM
Nothing is sprayed at the filter.
The box is just a mount for the solenoids.
Fuel and gas go threw the nylon lines.

Old 05-28-2004 | 07:26 PM
He is not done installing the kit yet. He just installed the solenoids to the box. It is just like a conventional kit but with upgraded components(solenoids, nylon lines).

Old 05-28-2004 | 07:27 PM
Dang I type way too slow!

Old 05-28-2004 | 07:52 PM
Rob, are you going to relocate your new NOS bottle up closer or leave it way in the back of your bed?

Are the solenoids just full open or full close and flow controled by jet size?

Don't understand how the min max controls the flow? I understand you can adjust the time frame but how does it actually control the rate of flow from a 50HP to 150HP.

Are you tapping the fuel rail bleed "test" port to supply fuel to the fuel sollenoid?

Which leads me to wonder if when you go to the full power shot are you spraying fuel similar to the NOS?

The tech section of the Racetest Web talks of how the cooling effect of the NOS also adds HP. I am thinking with all this NOS getting dumped under the SC it will help cool the heat created by same? But...... it seems like the intercooler will at this point be adding heat rather than reducing it. It all most seems like it would be better to spray in the area below the intercooler heat exchanger instead of above it.

I guess my biggest question is still what is making this progressive and how do you control it?

I know the jet size is key to the max hit but it seems there is a increasing power curve. Or am I all confused and it is on or off and just a time delay control

The future of this type of product looks bright. If it can be 99.9% safe and reliable I think I would give it a squirt mayself.

Rob, Racetest or anybody? Splain me please.

Last edited by EZGZ; 05-28-2004 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-28-2004 | 08:04 PM
I would think the amount of NOS would have to do with the pulse width and/or cycles/frequency of the solenoids. If that were true then the controller is simply setting the pulse widths and/or cycles/frequency.

Not sure, just looking at it from an electrical stand point but I can’t see any other way since the diameter of the tubing is fixed and the jet sized is fixed that leaves the solenoids to control how much NOS is used at any given time…

Old 05-28-2004 | 08:09 PM
Yep, yep,
Your thinking along the same lines as me I just don't know the lingo. But I think we are talking about the same concept.

Robs system also has the prototype tps box I think.

I love the idea of opening the bottle and have infinet safe control of the desired result.

Old 05-28-2004 | 08:09 PM
Actually it is the same way the fuel injectors work, their pulse width and/or cycles/frequency is determined by what the computer tells it to do based on other inputs. Your fuel lines are fixed in diameter and so are the diameter of the injectors, only thing left is changing how often ( pulse cycle/frequency) the injectors are fired and how long or short (pulse width) they stay on to feed fuel…

Old 05-28-2004 | 10:00 PM
XLT Sport you are spot on. This is the beauty of our solenoids. They are the only ones designed to be pulsed. Which means they have a better coil, plunger seat material, and are matched to pulse at the same rate. Any other solenoid is not matched to be pulse matched and your nitrous/fuel ratio could bounce all over the place. Other solenoids only need to open and close during a run which means very minimal effort. Pulsing can mean the solenoid opens and closes over a 100 times during that same run. Any other solenoid will fail eventually from this abuse. We offer a Lifetime warranty to show ours won't. NOW like anything we do have a failure rate since nothing is 100% guaranteed. If we do go over a 5% failure rate each year this makes us unhappy and so we seldom if ever see this anyway.

Example: If the progressive is set to a 30% start power this means the solenoid is only open 30% of the time. This doesn't mean you get 30% power but it can be close so it's easier to think 30% power for a tuning standpoint.

Old 05-28-2004 | 10:02 PM
Our current TPS offering are external units, but once the new programs are written and debugging is sorted out the units will have an internal TPS feature among many others.

Old 05-28-2004 | 10:27 PM
Rob O
Looks like a awesome setup, maybee some day i will throw a setup like that on my truck.

But in the meentime

Old 05-28-2004 | 10:37 PM
Nothing is sprayed at the filter.
The box is just a mount for the solenoids.
Fuel and gas go threw the nylon lines.

Sorry, the picture is blurry, looked like some fancy nozzles. After I looked at the pic again, I see that they are bolts.

Old 05-28-2004 | 10:49 PM
Thanks guys.
So to beat this old brain of my against a wall.

This kit allouws you to
have any where from 50 HP to 150HP and plenty of choices in between.

By picking large enough jets for your application you end up with the high number and the min max control lets you decide on how much of that you want and when you will get it.

The fuel selenoid keeps things safe by making sure you have enouph fuel so you don't go lean and detonate.

Together a fellow could run a reasonble HP shot of NOS safely with out a chip reburn or even a stock tune.

Sounds like you guys are doing the math for your min max control to tell it what to do for the prescribed application.

So a scaredy cat like me will be able to order your complete kit for under a grand and have for example a 100HP kit and install it themselves and set the min max control at maybe 25% for a start and 50% for a max and race some guy.
Now if it was a close race and you barley got beat you could turn up the min or max to a little higher number and win the next round.

That example would be for heads up raceing one on one.

If this whole thing I described is correct I can see why Rob is so excited.

One of the things I like about it is that if I want the effects of several bolt on mods I can get it, but if I want to run stock I just turn off that bottle and arming switch and it's done. No having to change pulley's in cold weather or anything else.

Last edited by EZGZ; 05-28-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-28-2004 | 11:53 PM
|
Bad night for progress, I actually wasted about 2 hours and peddled backwards. But that was only cause I was stubborn and wanted the nozzle in my PSP Plate.

First let me say for those that still got an oil prob,
get the dam Lightning Express PCV Fix, -->IT WORKS<--
Everytime I take it apart, this is what I find

NOTHING, --------->NO OIL

However we all know we have TWO oil sucking problems,
so I do always find a small line of oil BEHIND the Throttle Body
but NEVER infront anymore.

Whats there is a very small amount and seems to never make it to the Intercooler, WOO HOO.....

As you can see, Sal's plate is truly a work of art, I really wanted to use it. And I loved the fact that the Zex Nozzle was very skinny and extra long, this put it in a very good spot.
(you can see it there sticking through....

Well technoligy will get you every time, the Race Tested Nozzle is
much fatter (prob @ twice the width) and much shorter, too short for the PSP Plate.

Quick Reply: The Wizard of Noz has arrived, WOO HOO