Lightning

Apten's Service Rules

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004 | 07:35 PM
|
Apten's Service Rules

Just had my first dealings with Apten and they've come through in spades! I had originally gotten in on the group purchase for blower porting but because of a transfer to Denver, yada, yada, yada I was just able to get my blower to them a few weeks ago. I have moved to Denver and the truck is in storage in Phoenix and I rarely get down there and when I do it's for stupid stuff like the birth of a child, etc. While checking my credit card online I noticed that I had been charged $1,134 for the blower porting and polishing ($599 for the port, $500 for the polish and $35 for return shipping). I sent an e-mail to their e-mail address off the website bitching and moaning about being overcharged, etc. and got a reply back about 15 minutes later (at 6:30 P.M. their time) from Gene Fine. Gene stated that he had forgotten to let them know about my getting in on the GP (and he honored the price even though it took me four months to get them the blower) and that my credit card would be credited the next day.

I look at it this way...he didn't have to honor the GP price and I would have understood and he didn't have to get back to me so quickly (although it certainly helped)! I'd have to give Apten the big from a customer service standpoint. Needless to say, I won't hesitate to recommend them in the future and my H2's Magnacharger will be going off to them as well.

Old 05-29-2004 | 02:45 PM
I got a ported blower from Apton about 2 months ago but had a few problems. The first one they sent me I went to put it on and it was a old style and wouldnt bolt up. I called them the next day and told them my truck was down and they needed to send it next day air. They sent the next one and when I opened the box it was another old style one. I called them the nex day and they couldn believe it. He went in his shop and sure enough they had the part#s mis marked. So they sent another one and when I opened the box it was the correct one. The next problem I had was that after sending my old blower and their 2 other blowers back I havent seen a credit for my core. I called Gene and he said he forgot to credit my credit card and would do it as soon as he got off the phone. 2 weeks later no credit so I called him back and he said my credit card wouldnt work. It worked when he charged me but not on a credit??? 2 days later I called him back and he said he would send me a check on monday, well as of Saturday I still havent seen my money. I have had 2 months of finance charges for the core and alot of phone calls and my truck was down for 3 days because of them. I love the blower but felt like I was drug thru the bushes doing business with them.

Old 05-29-2004 | 05:31 PM
Dan,
Now that you have all this EXTRA money, I can just overcharge you for the spacer and computer. Cool.

Thanks.

VINNIE

BTW- how is the Baby and mom doing.

Old 05-29-2004 | 06:07 PM
My Apten GP experience was nothing but top notched. Excellent quality and timing. I specifically said I wanted *MY* blower returned to me. Which they did just as I had asked.

Sorry to hear about you guys having problems....

Rich

Old 05-29-2004 | 07:39 PM
Ariz-Lightning, looks like Apten's custermer service is suffering, since Brian and Hope left.

Old 05-30-2004 | 10:29 AM
|
Vinnie,

I thought you already gave me the infamous "RonBo dry slide sans reacharound" the first time...should I expect an even more creative form of sodomy from you soon???

Both baby and mother are doing well...Mom's happy as her new RX330 gets here this Thursday.

Dan

Quick Reply: Apten's Service Rules