Lightning

Temp Sensor for JDM fan

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004 | 11:20 PM
|
Question Temp Sensor for JDM fan

Does anyone know what sensor JDM uses for their fan kit? I was thinking it was a GM unit for some reason? Mine has been cracked forever and it ended up breaking tonight while putting my truck back together. I'd like to try and pick one up tomorrow so I can get my truck up and running. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Mike

Old 06-03-2004 | 11:36 PM
I picked one up at the Local speed shop. Make sure it's the 1 wire kind and it'll work. They ripped me for 50 bucks though!! -So you over tightened yours too hugh?

Old 06-03-2004 | 11:47 PM
It's a Painless.. the last one on this page

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...07&prmenbr=361

Last edited by Twisted99; 06-04-2004 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-04-2004 | 08:58 AM
Former Sponsor
Actually the temp sensor we use can not be bought at a parts store or nor is it the painless sensor (used to be). It can be bought for $35.

JimIII

Old 06-04-2004 | 12:14 PM
haha

i made the mistake of letting my buddy fasten the wire to the mount on the sensor.........SNAP!!!!!

Had JDM send me another one......less than 50 bucks to my door!!! This was well over a year ago though.

Old 06-05-2004 | 12:56 AM
Originally posted by JimIII@jdm
Actually the temp sensor we use can not be bought at a parts store or nor is it the painless sensor (used to be). It can be bought for $35.

JimIII

And your $90 line mod valve isnt the same as this $20 unit (http://www.powerglide.com/featured/9...nger_valve.htm)
nor your $30 boost bypass kit the same as the $1.50 I can spend making myself. It really doesnt matter what Temp sensor you use, its a freaking ground when water reaches a certain temp. JimIII sorry to be so harsh but you could have just commented that he could use a painless wiring sensor or could call the shop and have 1 ordered, instead you only try to make a sale and state its neither. It was obviously a Painless at 1 point

Twinturbo Ranger- IMO order the sensor from Jegs or Summit, the part will be shipped that day and they dont charge shipping or tax, only the $7 handling fee.

Last edited by BigFan; 06-05-2004 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-05-2004 | 08:09 AM
Originally posted by BigFan
And your $90 line mod valve isnt the same as this $20 unit (http://www.powerglide.com/featured/9...nger_valve.htm)
nor your $30 boost bypass kit the same as the $1.50 I can spend making myself. It really doesnt matter what Temp sensor you use, its a freaking ground when water reaches a certain temp. JimIII sorry to be so harsh but you could have just commented that he could use a painless wiring sensor or could call the shop and have 1 ordered, instead you only try to make a sale and state its neither. It was obviously a Painless at 1 point

Twinturbo Ranger- IMO order the sensor from Jegs or Summit, the part will be shipped that day and they dont charge shipping or tax, only the $7 handling fee.

Old 06-05-2004 | 10:32 AM
|
Well luckily I was able to super glue it back together so we'll see how she holds up. At least I know were to look when I replace it.
Thanks Mike

Old 06-05-2004 | 12:26 PM
Originally posted by BigFan

Ok Jim did state it was a painless at one time.He was also stating the price of the sensor they use now.

Also Jim tring to make a sale for his company/company he works for I don't see the problem..

Jim not trying to make a sale for his own stuff would be like Ford telling people to buy a Chevy.....

Last time I checked people are in busniness to make money.If you don't like the price shop around.I know there are cheaper price for certain stuff from one vender to the next ,but why must we bash vendors when they post up.

Its like being in grammer school on these boards with all the he said she said BS!

Old 06-05-2004 | 01:56 PM
Originally posted by TriPodRacing
Ok Jim did state it was a painless at one time.He was also stating the price of the sensor they use now.

Also Jim tring to make a sale for his company/company he works for I don't see the problem..

Jim not trying to make a sale for his own stuff would be like Ford telling people to buy a Chevy.....

Last time I checked people are in busniness to make money.If you don't like the price shop around.I know there are cheaper price for certain stuff from one vender to the next ,but why must we bash vendors when they post up.

Its like being in grammer school on these boards with all the he said she said BS!
Joe, drop me your email addy.. been trying to get a hold of ya.

chris03hd@comcast.net

Old 06-05-2004 | 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Twinturbo Ranger- IMO order the sensor from Jegs or Summit, the part will be shipped that day and they dont charge shipping or tax, only the $7 handling fee. [/B]
Wow I feel alota heat coming off your keyboard, calm down I was just straightening things out, I dont go on this board much So Ill remember to stay out of YOUR way.

JimIII

Quick Reply: Temp Sensor for JDM fan