Lightning

SRT 10 Kill? Could have been

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool SRT 10 Kill? Could have been

OK, my dealership has this car show last night. They have my L pointed nose to nose with a new "04 DSG and signs on the window BEFORE and AFTER. It looked pretty cool and drew quite a few people. A couple of the sales guys come and grab me to show me this truck that they said would kick my a$$. I'm like "yeah, whatever" and they lead me to this.

Now I'm foaming at the mouth. I ask them where the owner is. They say "he's looking at your L". I look and don't see anyone. I tell them if they can find the owner, I'll race him. The guys find the owner and tell him I want to race. He says "I'll race him". When the guys find me I'm in the bathroom. Randy pokes his head in the door and says "we found him and he'll race you. I pinch it off and come flying out of the bathroom. Go up to the guys window and say "how's it going, ready to rock". Then the crap begins. Passenger says "he's not going to race because it's not broken in yet" I reach in my pocket, pull out a business card and say "give me a call when it is and I'll race you. The driver says "there's now way you can beat me with that L" I say "give me a call and I'll race you" The passenger then says "we'll have to go to Excelsior Raceway if you want to race so it's legal" I say "give me a call and I'll be there with a video camera" The driver takes off out of the dealership like he's just seen a ghost.

I guess the SRT 10 guys have resorted to excuses even before they LOOSE the race. The other sales guys ask "do you think you could have beat him?" I say, "I didn't come flying out of the bathroom to loose" I was soooo pisssssed. My first sighting of an SRT 10 and the guy wont race. *%*$*^(*&_)()%^$$%

Old 06-12-2004, 12:51 PM
You have the same luck as me! I spotted one in the Wal-Mart parking lot and parked next to it. Just so happened that I got done shopping at the same time as the SRT guy. We BS'd for a minute and i asked him if he'd run it.... i heard all of the following.
1) "It's not broken in yet"
2) "I don't race on the street"
3) "You wouldn't stand a chance"
4) "This truck is too expensive to be beating on"

I think if you look on pg. 42 of a SRT's owners manual there is a list of "How to avoid a Lightning azz whoopin' excuses"!

Old 06-12-2004, 03:11 PM
I actually have a pretty good chance of racing one. A good friend at work got one a week or so ago, and he said he'd go to the track with me after he puts around 2000 miles on it.
The results won't be that definitive... Neither of us has ever been to a track, and he has no idea how to race with a manual... so I probably have the upper hand. We're both stock.
I will say this... having been inside one while it's driving... those things pull like nuts. Going from 3-2 in a manual seems alot more extreme than my auto. Maybe it's because I'm the passenger this time, and not expecting. I've never been a passenger in a Lightning. Just the driver, so I always knew what was coming.
Anyway... If I ever really do get that race, updates will come.

Old 06-12-2004, 03:54 PM
I'm the one with excuses this time. I was driving across town when an SRT-10 passed me like I was standing still.

I was.

The speed limit was 35 mph. I couldn't catch him without getting silly. I think he was running from me.

Old 06-12-2004, 04:23 PM
a friend has one thats silver and we race often

he has never won from a stand still, i always pull 2-3 cars on him then around 100+ he starts to close the gap (slowly)

but from a roll on its a different story (6 speed)
he'll hold it at like 3500 rpm in second and pull a car or so

he still cant belive how i pull away 0-80
i told him those 22 inch wheels in pherelli tires are the first thing to blame and secondly that 6 speed is hard to launch with that heavy @ss truck.

if he can get some traction maybe i wont pull him as bad

Old 06-12-2004, 06:26 PM
SRT 10 Kill? Could have been

I think the srt 10 might be in trouble with your truck putting out about 420 rear wheel hp, the srt 10 weighs 5100 lbs. the power loss through the manual trans may be 15% where as the lightning is 25%. if you figure the srt 10 is at its 500hp rating, that calculates to 425 rear wheel hp but he has to pull 5100 lbs where you are at say 4600 lbs. if i were a betting man i would put my money on the L. you need a modified L to keep with the srt 10. hope you get a chance to run this guy. later william

Old 06-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Re: SRT 10 Kill? Could have been

Originally posted by wsa111
I think the srt 10 might be in trouble with your truck putting out about 420 rear wheel hp, the srt 10 weighs 5100 lbs. the power loss through the manual trans may be 15% where as the lightning is 25%. if you figure the srt 10 is at its 500hp rating, that calculates to 425 rear wheel hp but he has to pull 5100 lbs where you are at say 4600 lbs. if i were a betting man i would put my money on the L. you need a modified L to keep with the srt 10. hope you get a chance to run this guy. later william
I was thinking the same thing with the RWHP of 425.

Last edited by Blown347Hatch; 06-12-2004 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Re: SRT 10 Kill? Could have been

Originally posted by wsa111
....you need a modified L to keep with the srt 10.... later william
You may want to rephrase that a little. You will need a modified L to keep with the SRT-10 with a driver that knows what the hell he's doing. A novice driver will never get out of the SRT-10 what's in it and will be eaten alive most times by even a stock Lightning.

I haven't been beaten by one and never intend to be.

Tom

Old 06-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Guapo
I actually have a pretty good chance of racing one. A good friend at work got one a week or so ago, and he said he'd go to the track with me after he puts around 2000 miles on it.
The results won't be that definitive... Neither of us has ever been to a track, and he has no idea how to race with a manual... so I probably have the upper hand. We're both stock.
I will say this... having been inside one while it's driving... those things pull like nuts. Going from 3-2 in a manual seems alot more extreme than my auto. Maybe it's because I'm the passenger this time, and not expecting. I've never been a passenger in a Lightning. Just the driver, so I always knew what was coming.
Anyway... If I ever really do get that race, updates will come.
Tell him it doesn't need (X number) of miles on it. All us Lightning owners run our trucks with 1000 or less. Besides, if it's gonna blow up, it'll do it with 200 or 2000 miles just the same.

Old 06-12-2004, 09:01 PM
GREAT KILL MART MAN
OR SCARE
OR SOMETHING

It's not broken in yet
Hey maybe we can start of list of BS excused the Dodge boys
think up.
Oh I just remembered my parents have one of those chips
in here so they can tell how fast I go

HEY DOUG/STEVE/CLONE, I think we're gonna need a chicken icon

You know they actually have those chips now, Auto Zone has them. One records up to 36 hours I think it is, and the cheaper one 12 hours or something. You can see exactly what the trucks been through for that entire time period, how fast they went,
etc. Before you know it, the Police will be downloading from our Computers and writting us tickets even if they didn't see you
do something wrong.

Quick Reply: SRT 10 Kill? Could have been