Lightning

Lo-Tek 2 guage pillar w/ handle - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004 | 05:25 PM
|
Angry Lo-Tek 2 guage pillar w/ handle - Help!

I just received a Lo-tek 2 guage pillar pod that allows you to use the grab handle. I know this may sound familiar, but after a hour of wrestling with the pillar there is no way I can get it to fit. The lower gauge pod is jammed against the top of the dash and the cut outs for the grab handle are still about 3/8 too high from lining up. If anyone who has this pod and successfully installed it could give some help I would greatly appreciate it. I will try to contact Lo-tek Monday, but would like to get started on installing this weekend.

Old 06-12-2004 | 05:54 PM
Yup, same thing with one i had. I got a full refund from LoTek. They said they might revise it later this year.

I had to bastard up the bracket that the handle screws into to get rid of the gap(s). But because of it resting on the dash the gauges aimed in different directions-

Old 06-12-2004 | 08:52 PM
Originally posted by TXSVTLIGHTNING

Old 06-12-2004 | 09:34 PM
After working most of the day installing sensors, pulling wire, I thought I was ready for the "fun" part. Had the gauges installed in the pod with the appropriate six pin connector, just plug in and install the handle, right? Sheet, no! Same problem as you. With it being Saturday evening by now, dash torn apart, every effort made to make it fit, I was not going to put the original back in at this point. I went ahead and trimmed the lower gauge pod with a Dremmel tool. Actually cut the bottom flush with the dash, this allowed it to drop down so the handle could be installed. It sounds crude, but it really looks fine.

I thought maybe I had a defective unit or I wasn't installing it properly, but I guess Lo-Tek is aware of the problem and continues to sell them. I felt confident all would be okay as it is supposed to fit a 2003. I'm old enough to know better!

Old 06-12-2004 | 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Tim Skelton

Old 06-12-2004 | 11:27 PM
LO-TEK TWO PILLOW PODS

Sorry to here you are having problems i have had mine about 8 months two pillow pod with grab handle mine snapped right into place could not ask for a better fit i was wondeing if they make a pod for right side i could use some gauges hope you get it fixed

LIGHTNING FAST

Quick Reply: Lo-Tek 2 guage pillar w/ handle - Help!