Lightning

Stalling?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stalling?

I have been searching for an hour and cant find anything on my specific problem. I have a 99 lightning and every now and then it will stall when going over any large bump. It usually happens when im leaving my apt complex. They have a crap load of speed bumps and a really crappy road full of bumps and pot holes. Well it usually stalls when i hit the speed bump at anything other then a really slow crawl, but its not all the time. It never stalls any other time, only at low speeds going over bumps. It happens both when its cold and after driving for 20 miles. After it happens it doesnt like to start again untill about the third crank. Does anybody have any ideas? Any help is great.

Old 06-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Make sure that your chip is in all the way and held down with duct tape not just the clear tape. If the plastic retainer for the computer is not there because of the chip then make sure yo put something there so the computer can't move around. I've seen several problems where the PCM bangs around or the chip is loose and causes a stalling problem.

Old 06-15-2004, 12:20 PM
What SVT said. Also check your IAC as I assume you are running about idle when crossing the speedbumps. Not sure why it wouldn't start right away though

Old 06-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the feed back. I'll have to check the chip when i get out of work to see if it is loose. Ive heard it might be the IAC, i might just replace that if the chip isnt the problem. Thanks again for the help.

On a side note when i looked at my sig i just noticed that TODAY IS MY TRUCKS BIRTHDAY!!! . Happy Birthday Lightning!

Old 06-17-2004, 05:48 AM
Did you fix your truck yet? Updates would be nice!

Old 06-17-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by svtagain
Did you fix your truck yet? Updates would be nice!
No havent fixed it yet. I plan on working on the truck this weekend. I need to do and oil change, fuel filter change, and put in a new abs sensor in the rear diff. Hopefully the fuel filter will fix the problem. Otherwise i will have to start troubleshooting the other stuff. There is never enough time to work on the truck . I managed to install my Airaid intake yesterday, but i still have a MSD Ignition laying on my floor at home. Damn work...lol.

Quick Reply: Stalling?