Lightning

14 weeks and my new fronts are here

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004 | 12:03 PM
|
Thumbs up 14 weeks and my new fronts are here

Yes thats right it took 14 weeks for my new front drag race wheels to get here. I had wanted them in thime for FFW in E Town, but they are here now and I will have them for Richmond.

I can allready tell these are made much better than my crappy Weld front rims. I think they are going to look sweet on the truck allong with my Bogarts in the back.

Fell free to let me know what you all think

By the way incase you can't read the box they are Boyd Coddingtons, made custom for me 16x7

Old 06-17-2004 | 12:06 PM
I know what you mean....I waited 8 weeks for my Boyds.

If they would build wheels instead of trying to be another American Chopper they would get more stuff done

BTW Don...those are very Cool

Old 06-17-2004 | 12:11 PM
Don, they look sweet. How heavy are they? I know Boyds aren't exactly know for lightweight racing whees, more like bling bling .

Old 06-17-2004 | 12:40 PM
Fronts?

OH, you mean fronts -

Nice!

Old 06-17-2004 | 02:31 PM
|
Originally posted by LightningTuner
Don, they look sweet. How heavy are they? I know Boyds aren't exactly know for lightweight racing whees, more like bling bling .
I will try to weigh them tonight, but they feel lighter than the welds. If I were to guess I would say 16-18 lbs

Old 06-17-2004 | 09:52 PM
Don,

Two questions. I am assuming 16", correct? What is the width of those wheels. I would sure like to find a 16" that would take a true, "skinny", front tire......and of course, a tire to match.

Rocks

Old 06-17-2004 | 10:09 PM
Don, I sent you an e-mail through this board please check it out and get back with me.

Suavy

Old 06-17-2004 | 11:38 PM
|
Sal I weighed the rims today

on the UPS scale 20 lbs

Old 06-17-2004 | 11:52 PM
|
Originally posted by 03LightninRocks
Don,

Two questions. I am assuming 16", correct? What is the width of those wheels. I would sure like to find a 16" that would take a true, "skinny", front tire......and of course, a tire to match.

Rocks
Those are 16x7

I hear bogart will soon be making a real skinny front rim that you can mount a set of skinny front tires on.

I went this route as I like to drive to the track with my sorta skinny tire.

Old 06-18-2004 | 12:14 AM
they look great very nice choice

Old 06-18-2004 | 02:37 PM
|
Angry

Well I went to have them installed and one got damaged in shipping. The wait continues.

Whay can't they package them better?????

Old 06-18-2004 | 03:22 PM
Don, Don, Don….

Let me share my Boyd Coddington story…

After speaking with Chris Coddington about the custom wheels I needed to clear the big brakes, I was assured that I would have my wheels in 8 weeks…well 12 weeks later no wheels, so I call and Chris tells me that they are about finished and he will over night them to me, so 10 days later they show up and guess what…. not only is one wheel out of round, they have the wrong offset (stock, but I asked for different). So I call about the bum wheel and I am told that a new one will be sent right away…. so six weeks later no wheel, so I call back and the story now is that I have to send back the bent one first so they can repair it. I send back the bent wheel, and 5 weeks later a new one shows up and they didn’t even bother to re-polish it.

That’s right 6 months to get a set of wheels…

Old 06-18-2004 | 03:34 PM
these are custom made wheels? As in expensive? You would think they would maybe . .. have something to check em before they leave. And yeah .. packaging. . that can't possibly be all that important.

Old 06-18-2004 | 07:03 PM
|
Originally posted by Ayrton
Don, Don, Don….

Let me share my Boyd Coddington story…

After speaking with Chris Coddington about the custom wheels
That’s right 6 months to get a set of wheels…
Well I talked to Chris today. He didn't know anything about what the wheels I had were like, so I sent him a picture and he said he would call me back. He told me they would remove the center and weld a new ring onto it. To me when you have to cut the center out and reweld that same center onto a new ring scares me. Will it weeken the rim, and to me it won't be a new wheel anymore.

I am waiting for a call back, we will see if they stand up and take care of me.

Last edited by Don's Bolt; 06-18-2004 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-18-2004 | 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
He told me they would remove the center and weld a new ring onto it. To me when you have to cut the center out and reweld that same center onto a new ring scares me. Will it weeken the rim, and to me it won't be a new wheel anymore.

That is exactly what they did on mine, and I guess they are having issues with the hoops. They heat the hoop up to press the center in and then they weld it. I don’t see how it would hurt the wheel to repress the center into another hoop.

I will use billet specialties next time…

Quick Reply: 14 weeks and my new fronts are here