Lightning

just wondering what you Lightning owners think

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004 | 04:10 PM
|
just wondering what you Lightning owners think

Applications:
Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30 is intended for professional and amateur "weekend" racecars, as well as modern high-output engines of all kinds. It is ideal for supercharged, turbocharged and high-revving, high-performance engines used in street applications. Note: Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30 is a different formula than Mobil 1 with SuperSyn 0W-30, and the two formulas are intended for different applications.

I saw it on the mibil website, I have a 01 xlt not a lightning but I allways read your guys posts, great advice and stuff, any of you using this or would consider it? and think I could with a 4.6, i have a intake kit, programmer, and a magnaflow ex also?

Old 06-18-2004 | 04:18 PM
I think it costs too much.

it's like $10 PER QUART!

my L takes 8 quarts of oil to fill!

do a search under my screen name and you'll find a thread about it with quite a few opinions.

later,
chris

Old 06-18-2004 | 04:24 PM
Re: just wondering what you Lightning owners think

Originally posted by Chicago_guy
Applications:
Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30 is intended for professional and amateur "weekend" racecars, as well as modern high-output engines of all kinds. It is ideal for supercharged, turbocharged and high-revving, high-performance engines used in street applications. Note: Mobil 1 Racing 0W-30 is a different formula than Mobil 1 with SuperSyn 0W-30, and the two formulas are intended for different applications.

I saw it on the mibil website, I have a 01 xlt not a lightning but I allways read your guys posts, great advice and stuff, any of you using this or would consider it? and think I could with a 4.6, i have a intake kit, programmer, and a magnaflow ex also?
I use Mobil 1 0W-20 in my 'L and works well even in HOT A$$ Texas and will stay with it as long as Wal-Mart continues to sell it, plus my tuner prefers I use 0W-20 in my built engine.

If I were you and did not have to use a synthetic oil I wouldn't. Just stick with the 5W-20 dino oil which if I remember right is what your truck, an '01, calls for. Why spend anymore money than necessary?

By the way Mobil 1 0W-20 replaces 5W-20.

Old 06-18-2004 | 04:28 PM
|
thanks

such speedie responses from you L guys I actually use the Mobil 0w-20 great stuff thanks for the info

Quick Reply: just wondering what you Lightning owners think