Lightning

Quick EGR question

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick EGR question

I am currently blocking off my EGR and just need to know what to do with the 2 hoses that come off of it....Do I just plug them??? Thanks for any help guys....

Old 06-21-2004, 07:13 PM
are you talking about the two hoses to the dpfe sensor?

how are you blocking the egr? removing the tube to the manifold or header and installing a plug and blockoff plate?

if so then just remove the dpfe hoses and the sensor alltogether. however you'll get a check engine light which will have to be dissabled via tuning.

later,
chris

Old 06-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks Chris, and yes I am blocking by a plate and plugging the cap on the header. Would you happen to have a pic of what I need to remove???

Old 06-21-2004, 07:32 PM
sorry, my egr is still attached. I have plenty of pics, just not of exactly what to remove.

here's a decent view of the tube and hoses.

the silver (aluminum case) DPFE sensor hiding there between the supercharger and the main EGR tube.

another partial view of the dpfe sensor hiding behind the power steering resevoir cap.

you'll also have no use for the EVR which is the black plastic solenoid mounted right in front of the dpfe sensor.

hope this helps.

later,
chris

Old 06-21-2004, 07:33 PM
OK...does anyone have a pic of the sensor I am going to remove?? DPFE?? I would really like to get this truck running again tonight!!!

edit...nevermind...a little late!!!

thanks again Chris

Old 06-21-2004, 07:36 PM
Thanks a ton Chris, those came in handy. I am assuming I should just follow the hoes and remove whatever they are attached to. That should clean things up a bit too...

BTW: Engine is looking awesome!!!

Old 06-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Remove the two sensors Chris is talking about; the silver box that the two hoses attach to, and the round thing that mounts on the same bracket toward the front of the motor.(the two parts mounted toward the front of the motor) Remove the EGR and the piping. I blocked the top off with a custom aluminum plate that I made. For the header/manifold block off. If you cut the EGR tube you can take the lower nut off, and put a quarter in it with some high temp sealant. Tighten it down and you are ready to go.

Old 06-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Casey02L
For the header/manifold block off. If you cut the EGR tube you can take the lower nut off, and put a quarter in it with some high temp sealant. Tighten it down and you are ready to go.
I used a brass garden hose cap Threads are just perfect, and if I ever need to go back for emissions, I just put it all back together.

Old 06-22-2004, 03:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the help, everything went smoothly. I used the brass hose end for the manifold and a extra piecve of alum. I had laying around....

Quick q..... Does anyone know the bolt specs on how far apart or what size to use for the upper piece?? If anyone has a upperplenum laying around could they quickly measure the spacing of the two bolts for the EGR?! And for those who have done this, what is the best bolt to use(10mm)????

Last edited by 400HPHD; 06-22-2004 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:01 PM
why remove the egr at all? just curious.

Quick Reply: Quick EGR question