Lightning

Any body ever had a sparkplug unattach itself from the engine at 3:15 AM?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any body ever had a sparkplug unattach itself from the engine at 3:15 AM?

So there I was, north of Dulura and south of Jamul, crusing comfortably at 55(yeah,right) when some slug needed passing. I goosed it a bit, which always makes me giggle, passed the slug when...WHAM!!!! I heard a terrable sound under the hood. I had heard it once before. Sure as I could be, one of my spark plugs had bloown out of the head. 3:15 am and miles from nowhere.
This ever happen to anyone else out there and if so WHY WHY WHY??? They say I have to get new heads. COOL by me cuz its under warrenty. Someone at the factory NOT tighten the plug or not get their nickle raise? Are the threads in the head that thin?
P.S. Never ever buy a Black Truck when your driveway is a half mile of dirt and the water is so hard you can walk on it.
Spuii

Old 06-22-2004, 08:42 PM
The 99-02 have three threads holding the plug in.
The 03+ have seven.

Search for blown plugs on here and www.nloc.net

Old 06-22-2004, 11:40 PM
Ya man, what he said

I'm very sorry Spuii, that sucks
But unfortunatly as olefafl said this is a continued problem.
Ford knew about it, but it took them forever to add a few threads.
Unfortunatly each and everyone of us form early 03 and down kind of plays Russian Roulette each and every time we drive our L's I guess ? Some have spit 80K later, others in 6 months to a year or so, and I even remember one poor Brother who Spit one leaving the frigging dealership. Other's drive them forever AND HARD and never have a problem.

Lots of theory's on it, they were never tight, they were too tight,
you thought they were tight but they weren't ? The bottom line is, as said there simply isn't enough threads to keep them in the thin Alum. Your lucky, you have a Wrrnty, MANY of us gave that up many mods ago...

So far, I am a Lucky one
BUT UNFORTUNATLY MANY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU 1ST HAND

WELCOME TO F-150, and sorry.....

Quick Reply: Any body ever had a sparkplug unattach itself from the engine at 3:15 AM?