Lightning

Truck got broken into.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004 | 12:07 PM
|
Angry Truck got broken into.

Well i thought it was strange that my horn stopped working all of a sudden so i did some looking around and found out that my jack was missing from the truck. After looking a little closer, i saw that the passenger door handle was scratched. Looked closer and sure enough, someone used something to force the door open. They took only the jack, opened the hood of the truck and took the long piece of rod that goes with the jack and somehow disabled the horn. I don't see any wires cut.

What pisses me off is that they ruined the paint job on the truck and all they took was the damn jack. If they wanted it so bad, they could have just asked for it.

Anyway, they didnt take any of my CD's, none of the change in the ash trey, my hitch reciever, stereo or CD changer.

My L has been abused.

Old 06-25-2004 | 12:23 PM
Sorry that hapenned to you. It has and can happen to all of us. What really sucks is that if you were to do anything to them at all had you caught them, anything like beating their face in with a bat or even just a good ole beatin, you'd be the one hauled off to jail. This is why scumbags like these do what they do. Because they are protected and they know it. Good luck on getting the truck back to pre-*****head condition.

Old 06-25-2004 | 01:23 PM
They broke into mine the same way a few years ago at the dealer.

Old 06-25-2004 | 01:30 PM
Thanks sucks I know what your feeling man....Sorry to hear that happen to you...

Old 06-25-2004 | 02:11 PM
|
yeah, i hear ya. But whoever did it will get theirs in the end. I really believe that.

Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Old 06-25-2004 | 03:25 PM
Two questions:

1) Is the jack that valuable from the Lightning that it is worth breaking in to steal?

2) Is the security system so good on these trucks that the only thing you can steal is the jack?

Chances are the guy who stole the jack was driving a Camaro and had a breakdown. Knew that the jack would have never been used in a Ford.

Old 06-25-2004 | 03:34 PM
Maybe he was going to steal the jack, the crank, and then the wheels/tires. I wonder if he looked for wheel locks.

Anyway, That sucks....he's a pecker....sorry for ya'.

Old 06-25-2004 | 03:53 PM
|
I do wonder myself how much that jack costs. I was also thinking it could be some other ford owner that has an f150 were the jack could be compatible.

But perhaps it was just some loser that needed a quick 20 get high.

who knows.

Old 06-25-2004 | 04:26 PM
that sucks so much. They do far more damage than the product they steal out of your truck Plus that jack is the worst jack on the planet. Anyone thats tried using it knows that.

Old 06-25-2004 | 08:08 PM
You should check to see if they stole your spare tire too. (knowing they took that long rod thingy) I wouldnt think someone would steal that, but if they stole your jack, who knows what other little things you might find latter missing.

John :MF:

Old 06-25-2004 | 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Red Death
Two questions:

1) Is the jack that valuable from the Lightning that it is worth breaking in to steal?

2) Is the security system so good on these trucks that the only thing you can steal is the jack?

Chances are the guy who stole the jack was driving a Camaro and had a breakdown. Knew that the jack would have never been used in a Ford.

Speaking of security system, do we have one, I thought we had an alarm on our trucks but I tried locking the door and opening it with the window down and no alarm, what gives, yet there is a little light inside that says THEFT. Does anyone exactly knows if we have any kind of security in our trucks and how exactly does it work?

THANKS.

Old 06-25-2004 | 10:59 PM
You have a transponder in the key. If you try to start the truck with anything other than the factory key with a properly programmed transponder the truck will not start. Other than the transponder, there are no other alarm features on the truck.

Of course, the professionals that want your truck will get it. No alarm system is bullet proof.

Old 06-25-2004 | 11:40 PM
That does suck, sorry O Wht Lightning

That is just too weird

Old 07-08-2004 | 10:37 PM
Red face Sucks Man...My truck has been raped too

Dude...Since I moved to Pacific Beach, in San Diego, my truck has been RAPED and BRUTALIZED. The first time was a week after I got my 2001 F150 SuperCrew (37s, 9 inch lift, Euro Lights, etc.) they stole my stereo...broke my passenger front window, stole my Sub and my Deck (my Alpine!)...the second time, I left the tailgate down and some as*hole (in between 6:30am and 8am) stole my EFFIN TAIL LIGHTS! MY TAIL LIGHTS! WTF. I was PISSED. This is like three days ago...I asked the cop who took the report if it was illegal to 1) sit in the back at night with my Shotgun, or 2) Leave a Rottweiler in the back to sleep...He said it's a big NO for the shotgun but the dog would be okay as long as he's out of the sun, and has food and water. I am going to go with the Rott. I bought an alarm, but come to find out it costs more to install it than the whole alarm cost (with shipping) and 1 month of my truck payment. LAME. People with Jealousy for other's doing good, should burn in HELL.

Quick Reply: Truck got broken into.