Lightning

how much of a risk am i taking?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004 | 11:05 AM
|
Question how much of a risk am i taking?????

i wanna run a small shot of spray on my truck just for a run or two and see if i can break 11's before i build my motor...i know its not the smartest idea in the world...but im soon to be building my motor...so if i decides to go when i spray it...i will atleast have an excuse!! mods are

kenne bell w/ 3.5 upper
4lb lower
CAI
Diablo Chip
Single Blade
Maggy Catback
Rancho Bars

i wanna use my buddy's 50shot dry bottle in a bag kit...just for one or two runs...anything i should do so i might just pull it off?? octane? when to spray? just any tips from the pros will help!!!
thanks

Old 07-06-2004 | 11:29 AM
Don't do it, wait until you build your motor!

Old 07-06-2004 | 06:56 PM
Do it brother...................... just kidding.

I have always been tempted by the dark side to add a 50 shot, but I know I am asking for trouble. At 496/562 with my KB and stock rods I would be an idiot to try!

Depends on your tune and what you are putting to the bottom line, the risk of detonation is the key. What does your tuner say?

Always fun to think about it!

D-Day

Old 07-06-2004 | 07:06 PM
You guys with KB's should already be in the 11's Even WITH stock rods.....

Old 07-06-2004 | 07:18 PM
Originally posted by JeffsLightning
You guys with KB's should already be in the 11's Even WITH stock rods.....

Old 07-06-2004 | 07:19 PM
Ahhhh..............Jeff, one would think so, but there is a hell of a lot to consider other than just the KB.

Sometimes I wonder with my current set up why I bought the KB in the first place............................ ohhhh ya for that new built block one day, yah one day.

I have a very conservative tune and I would debate that your tune has more to do with it then an aftermarket s/c. Hell, look at crazy Rob02 (said with respect of course) he is turning 11.8's with stock s/c, stock block.................... o.k. a little juice, but what's the point?

I on the other hand, have bought every fricken option on the block, but at some point decided (must be my old age) to be safe and I am turning 12.2's at 111mph. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE TUNE!

Could I turn 11's - your darn right I could. According to John (JLP) in Bradenton all I needed to do was turn up the volume on the tune or go with a 2400 stall. Maybe one day, but for now I enjoy my 496/562 so much on the road, knowing I am safe I can't explain it! It is just fricken awesome!

So, what we "should" be doing and what our choices are, are two different subjects. But believe me, I do enjoy the indirect challenge as a KB owner, intended or not!

Cheers brother, here's to having the most kick a$$ truck in the nation!

D-Day

Old 07-06-2004 | 07:31 PM
With nearly 500hp to the tires, you should be able to click off easy 11's...

I got into the 11's with only 466hp (allbeit with 605rwtq) and Im fairly certain others have made it into the 11's with less than that...

Leo - With a KB on the truck, it would be far easier to just up the boost a tad for the extra HP and not worry about nitrous...

-Dale

Old 07-06-2004 | 07:46 PM
Dale, you have a kick *** "works" "juice" L, no doubt about it and hat's off to your time!

I am running 16lbs boost, a/f 12.1, shift point 5200 and only 14 degrees timing with my KB and stock internals. Could a 500 hp get there no doubt about it, but I think we need to consider Leo's conservative start with his KB!

Hey just blame it on the fact I am a conservative guy, but show me a 500hp KB that has the 11's with out a stall or without pushing the risk factor with an aggressive tune? I wish we would hear from a L owner with that in mind. Giving Leo "been there done that" advice. What the heck I am all about giving advice that I know and have lived.

Cheers!

D-Day

Old 07-06-2004 | 08:09 PM
juice???????......to get in the 11's

Old 07-06-2004 | 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Dan_03Lightning
Dale, you have a kick *** "works" "juice" L, no doubt about it and hat's off to your time!

I am running 16lbs boost, a/f 12.1, shift point 5200 and only 14 degrees timing with my KB and stock internals. Could a 500 hp get there no doubt about it, but I think we need to consider Leo's conservative start with his KB!

Hey just blame it on the fact I am a conservative guy, but show me a 500hp KB that has the 11's with out a stall or without pushing the risk factor with an aggressive tune? I wish we would hear from a L owner with that in mind. Giving Leo "been there done that" advice. What the heck I am all about giving advice that I know and have lived.

Cheers!

D-Day

Granted I did have a stall converter, but I DID have a SAFE 14 degree timing program like yourself when I ran my 11.37 pass. Stall or no stall your truck should be deep in the 11's with that kind of power. Don't take that as an insult, because that is NOT what it is. It just takes some getting used to and decent conditions. -Mat-

Old 07-06-2004 | 08:26 PM
No insult taken brother, like I stated earlier - either a stall on a conservative tune/stock block/KB or a more aggressive tune/stock block/KB - I think the last person we know that went this way with an '03 was KB Zilla - I don't have to remind anyone what happened.

Ask Gater he knows. LOL or is that ROB - all in fun! Since Leo is asking about the "Juice" I think we owe it to him to uncover all options that have worked under his question. I have only been on this sight for a year and unless the conditions apply that you mention I don't know of a successful KB/Juice combo!

To each man's opinion - this sight is great for gathering information!

Again, Cheers!

D-Day

Old 07-06-2004 | 08:40 PM
Originally posted by SVT F15O
Granted I did have a stall converter, but I DID have a SAFE 14 degree timing program like yourself when I ran my 11.37 pass. Stall or no stall your truck should be deep in the 11's with that kind of power. Don't take that as an insult, because that is NOT what it is. It just takes some getting used to and decent conditions. -Mat-
I was just about to say you........

Old 07-06-2004 | 09:41 PM
|
well guys....i went ahead with the spray...and added a tad smaller than a 50 shot on tonight...its a big diffrece...but im not goign to go crazy with it...im gunna test it out tonight on some fellow cobra and zo6 owners who i havent been able to beat yet...and im going to go to the track with it too...hopfully i will be able to pull of a good pass..keep you posted!!!!

Old 07-07-2004 | 12:36 AM
Dan -

I dont understand what the conservative tune has to do with anything..

You are making a touch under 500hp... even if thats with only 1 degree of timing its still 500rwhp...

The only reason I can see is if your truck weighs over 5000lbs, humidity is at 100%, temp at 90degrees, etc, etc..

But on a decent day, you should have an easy 11sec truck with even at mid-upper 1.7x 60'...

Just my .02 with the trucks Ive seen run and some of the experience Ive had with racing my truck...

Like Matt said, no flame intended, its all about the conditions and getting to know the truck.... But the power is there to do it...

Same with Leo, just up the boost a little, have the power all the time and run 11's...

-Dale

Old 07-07-2004 | 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Dan_03Lightning

Cheers!

D-Day

Your truck should be DEEP into the 11's

11.80-70's at least.

Something is wrong.

Quick Reply: how much of a risk am i taking?????