Lightning

Aftermarket/Racing Radiator any interest??

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004 | 07:56 PM
Re: Re: Aftermarket/Racing Radiator any interest??

Originally posted by Tim Skelton
I think that we already have a true performance radiator. I have been in 110 degree weather, yet the engine is still cool as a cucumber.
You should see what my X use to do with a frozen cucumber

I don't even have an aftermarket thermostat, and mine runs cool as schitt no matter how hot it gets, with or without A/C on.
Don will this benefit the electric fan users more ???
I know many complain about hotter running temps than the factory PROPELLER (like I have)

Of course on my old BB Chevelles it was A MUST to have a larger Radiator (and sometimes an added electric fan too) but those bastards can run well over 200 degrees ""normally"" so in 90 degree stop and go summer heat, the stock rad was always a problem, I've never seen my L run hot but I guess for you BIG BOYS this may become a needed Mod at your power levels ???

Old 07-07-2004 | 08:59 PM
AFCO was my guess. They do alot of custom radiators. On a side note Don if it is AFCO and they need a truck for whatever reasaon let me know or ask them to have Eric call Jay. I have worked with and for them before and they are only 10 minutes from my house. I can drop my truck by there if its needed.

Old 07-07-2004 | 09:10 PM
|
Originally posted by superfords
AFCO
Fluidyne
Griffen
BE-Cool

my guesses in order...

later,
chris
It is in there but your oder is off

I will reveal all in about 2 weeks, you will all have to be patient. I agree it might be overkill, but what the hell I am a little nuts.

Old 07-07-2004 | 09:13 PM
considering our a/c condensor is in front of the radiator you will not be seeing it as a bling mod. i can see a benefit of having a all aluminum rad over the plastic tanks. you would see greater benefit by just removing the condensor.

we already have aluminum cores and its already been mentioned this will be heavier.

Old 07-07-2004 | 09:16 PM
considering jdm deals with fluidyne for heat exchangers. hummmm i wonder if it could be.

Old 07-08-2004 | 12:43 PM
Talked with LFP last Friday... said his alum radiator should be out in about a month.

Old 07-08-2004 | 03:09 PM
Just another thing to add, most aftermarket radiators are heavier than the stock ones.

Old 07-08-2004 | 03:53 PM
one of the big tuners should work on a "supercooler" where the A/C is used to cool either the I/C fluid or the Intake air itself, It would probably be less $$$ than a new radiator and would be alot "cooler"

Quick Reply: Aftermarket/Racing Radiator any interest??