Lightning

Where to put O2 bungs for wide band?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004 | 11:52 AM
|
Where to put O2 bungs for wide band?

I was gonna have some bungs welded in for a wide band and was wondering where is the best place? How far up, and at what angle? (Top, side, bottom)

Old 07-08-2004 | 11:30 PM
did mine on the driver side opposite from the factory o2 sensor. make sure you use a 7/8" hole saw to cut the hole for the bung or you could damage the cats....think about that hot metal from the torch melting down into the converters.

Old 07-09-2004 | 12:30 AM
Re: Where to put O2 bungs for wide band?

Originally posted by whip
I was gonna have some bungs welded in for a wide band and was wondering where is the best place? How far up, and at what angle? (Top, side, bottom)
Whip,

Just below the Hego, above the cat shield. Do not locate it directly in-line with the hego. I would remove the "Hot" end of the exhaust before drilling out the hole for the bung. The loose shavings will lay on the face of the brick after drilling.

The shavings will get sucked back into the cylinders from the bp. and score the cylinder walls. What doesn't get sucked in will melt into the ceramic. Count on it.

Best way, is to mark the location while under the vehicle for clearance. Then remove and drill the exhaust in an upside down position to let the shavings fall out when drilling. I have a pic. shot of mine. Let me know if you need it.

Old 07-09-2004 | 08:00 AM
|
Thanks!

Old 07-09-2004 | 09:14 AM
Whip

there is a good post on here about the WBC install with pics.

I think they want you to install the sensor going straight in so the sensor is right in the middle of the flow........not hugging one side of the other. I thought recommendation on our trucks was on the mid pipe just after it leaves the manifold. There is a picture in the post somewhere. I think they want it installed in a somewhat verticle location to prevent any condensation from puddling and damaging the sensor.

Quick Reply: Where to put O2 bungs for wide band?