Lightning

chip options (need opinions!!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004 | 01:01 PM
|
chip options (need opinions!!)

Ok so I am going to chip the L but i'm not sure what chip I want to do. The only thing I know for a fact is that I'm going to stick with a single program (to keep cost down). The JDM chip claims 40hp/30 ft pounds at the wheels. I don't see any claims for the JLP chip or any of Sal's. Are they all about the same? Also whats the difference between the diablosport and revolution chip (on JLP's website) Thanks in advance.. By the way my truck is a stock 2000 with a JLP filter kit and thats it. Gradually modifying it, and am unable to do a pulley too at this time.

Old 07-10-2004 | 03:54 PM
Are you saying you ARE NOT able to do the pulley ?

Well either way, they are all great tuners. Don't let the numbers fool you, every Lighting will react diff to the same exact Mods and tunes, but yes in general you can expect 35 - 50 HP from a Program "depending on and including your mods"

But don't forget you chip it for numerous reasons NOT JUST HP.

Move the Rev Limiter/Fuel **** off, add timing, diff shift points, tip in, A/F, Torque Reduction, MS beteen shifts, etc.....

Old 07-10-2004 | 03:58 PM
SCT chips hold up to 8 programs and are FREE with their Dyno tune.

can't get better than that

Old 07-10-2004 | 04:01 PM
I personnally would wait a lil longer till you have the money for the pulleyand the chip. The reason mostly being is that if you chip your truck now, when you order the pulley your goin to have to send the chip back for reprogramming. If you wait you can just have it shipped with the pulley tune already in it and save a few bucks over the long haul. Just my opinion anyway.

Josh

Old 07-10-2004 | 11:36 PM
What gives you the most bells and whistles as far as being able to modify a variety of parameters? Something like an SCT flasher or chip? Also, who does the best tunes for something like an SCT or Predator? I don't want to void my warranty and am considering a flasher over a chip at this option to keep my mods low-key.

Also, where is the cheapest place I can get the actual SCT flasher?

Old 07-11-2004 | 11:34 AM
Hey,
I have a superchips maxtuner 1715 HP4 that I'm trying to sell pretty cheap, you can use it when you put on your pulley. It's like the one on the site:
http://www.superchips.com/html/produ...gas_trucks.htm
I also didn't want to mess with putting a chip on the ECU.

But if your looking for the new SCT 9100 flasher where you can have a tuner put custom tunes on, I think Sal at PSP is selling them now.

With either one you'll want to get your a/f checked at a dyno..

-Jason

Old 07-11-2004 | 02:23 PM
Originally posted by l-menace
SCT chips hold up to 8 programs and are FREE with their Dyno tune.

can't get better than that
They don't hold 8 programs and they definitely aren't free. You do pay for them.

Old 07-11-2004 | 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Blown5Pnt4
I personnally would wait a lil longer till you have the money for the pulleyand the chip. The reason mostly being is that if you chip your truck now, when you order the pulley your goin to have to send the chip back for reprogramming. If you wait you can just have it shipped with the pulley tune already in it and save a few bucks over the long haul. Just my opinion anyway.

Josh
I agree with Josh.
I am right behind ya birdy. We are thinking along the same lines.
What's your hurry?
Let's get a few more miles on these charcoal rockets and see if they were put together right.
Your truck will run better in the fall with the cooler weather anyway.

Old 07-11-2004 | 07:30 PM
|
Originally posted by EZGZ
I agree with Josh.
I am right behind ya birdy. We are thinking along the same lines.
What's your hurry?
Let's get a few more miles on these charcoal rockets and see if they were put together right.
Your truck will run better in the fall with the cooler weather anyway.
thats true... however, mine is silver, not charcoal
haha. The mod bug has bitten hard though... Got a little faster with intake, loved the sound... and now i can't get enough! need to go faster!!! but i think you guys are right and i should wait. we shall see though.. i change my mind alot

Quick Reply: chip options (need opinions!!)