Lightning

Ford Engine Plant Tour (windsor)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Neal
HI!... So are *WE* just going to make fun of this tour or are some of you guys in the WINDSOR/DETROIT area interested in coming?
I won't be there. I've been in enough plants over the last few years, so it won't be anything new for me. Sorry.

Old 07-31-2004, 07:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

HI!... As for the ones that showed up, we had a great time. We proceeded to the plant having a bit of sideways action due to the little bit of rain we got this morning. We had two tour guides, I can't remember the womans name but the guys name was CLAUDIO. They were very imformative and new their *****. They answered ALL our questions. The line was shut down today due to the holiday but that was even better. It wasn't too noisey and we got to go right up to the assembly line and see close up and touch things. We even got to go into the 5 cell dyno rooms and dyno tear down bays. We saw some great stuff. They even had two prototype 6.8L V-10 3-valve engines there. They were HUGE! Some of the new all aluminum 4.6 "05/06" engines. Tried to get some info on the new 6.2L *HURRICANE* engine but couldn't get much. All I was told is that it will be close to 400H.P (FLYWHEEL). After the tour we all went back to the HOT ROD CAFE and ate lunch. The service was a bit lacking, I apologise for that guys. Rain ended and it got hot and sunny out. Now I can clean my truck! LOL! On the way back from the tour, SVT STEVE and I went at it a few times. He beats me (Lightning engine) but not by as much as I thought he would. Pretty close race till he hits 3RD gear, lol! Pretty fast for N/A , STEVE? lol! Well it was good to meet you all and MABEY just mabey I'll do it again next year. Hope everyone had a same trip home.

Old 07-31-2004, 08:51 PM
Neal, I never got any more info from you? You can see on the first page ot this thread that I was interested.

Suavy

Old 08-01-2004, 03:22 AM
HI!... Well did you ever think to look in the *CANADA* or the *EVENTS AND HAPPENINGS* section !!!!!!!!!!!!

It was also posted in the *ONTARIO CHAPTER* over at FORD TRUCK WORLD.

Old 08-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Hey Neal don't sweat it!

I didn't look over there I responded here where I read it!

Don't worry I'll be sure to let you know when we start building the New Lightning Engine here in my Plt.

Suavy

Old 08-02-2004, 09:21 PM
HI NEAL!!

Old 08-02-2004, 11:47 PM
HI!... SUAVY : Well EVENTS AND HAPPENINGS is the proper spot to post a event. If you go there you will see it was posted there WAY before here. I figured I'd give you LIGHTNING guys a heads up on the tour and you guys turned the thread into a clusterphuk. Common sense would of looked there also. No problem. Now I know not to come here and post a really good event.

Old 08-02-2004, 11:49 PM
HI!... DEIMATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :santa:

Old 08-03-2004, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neal
HI!... SUAVY : Well EVENTS AND HAPPENINGS is the proper spot to post a event. If you go there you will see it was posted there WAY before here. I figured I'd give you LIGHTNING guys a heads up on the tour and you guys turned the thread into a clusterphuk. Common sense would of looked there also. No problem. Now I know not to come here and post a really good event. [/QUOte

Neal, we Lightning Guy's as you called us appreciate a great event and are thankful.

Like I said you posted it here I answered it here.

I didn't think to look in the events and happenings I guess I slept through my 2 college degrees according to your lack of common sense comment!

Further, how did we make a clusterphuk of your thread?

To all the Lightning guy's as soon as we get the new Lightning engine launched I'll try to orcastrate a tour for us "Lightning guys."

Suavy

Old 08-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Re: Ford Engine Plant Tour (windsor)

Originally posted by Neal
HI!... Well as some of you know I have been working hard on a public tour to go through the FORD ENGINE PLANT here in WINDSOR. This is where the 4.6/5.4/5.4 LIGHTNING/HD/6.8 TRITON engines are built, from scratch. This tour has been in the works now for over 3 months. Everything is ready to go for JULY 31ST (Saturday). Starting time is still being approved but will most likely be at 9:00A.M. We need at least 35 people to attend to this tour or it will be cancelled. Please post here if you want to come. I need this info like NOW! Thanks.

PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!

I'm getting no responces in the approved thread location. Since the LIGHTNING engine is built at this plant, it does concern LIGHTNING owners. Thanks.
looks to me like common sense would haved been to post a link to the events section. and you did state please post here if interested.

Last edited by RDY2RAC; 08-03-2004 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the help Rob and congrads on the new baby!

Old 08-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Thumbs down

Old 08-04-2004, 01:01 AM

Old 08-04-2004, 12:13 PM
I guess Neal is just mad because the Lightning community didn't show as much enthusiasm as he wanted us to.

Quick Reply: Ford Engine Plant Tour (windsor)