Lightning

TX L's going to TOPEKA

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004 | 02:24 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally posted by ND4SPD
Sweet... You need to make it Txoutlaw
I think Bryce_Thomason is coming this way and hopefully SmokinSVT will be joining him. You would make 4 including me and there may be another L too. Wooo Hoooo.... We would rule I20 up to DFW...
I will know for sure Monday. Man that would be freakin awesome!!! I would love to hit Ranger Hill at about 130 mph...

Old 07-17-2004 | 02:29 PM

Hey Steele,
You up for a trip to Kansas? You can ride with me if I get to go. I could stop by and pick ya on the way to Abilene. Whatta ya say Bro?

Old 07-17-2004 | 07:14 PM
|
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Txoutlaw
I will know for sure Monday. Man that would be freakin awesome!!! I would love to hit Ranger Hill at about 130 mph... [/QUOTE

Sweet I hope you get everything approved, I already threw my name in the leave book (Air Force) so I'm golden unless we go to war or something. Keep me posted.

Old 07-18-2004 | 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Txoutlaw
Who would carry an FRS radio? Radio Shack maybe?
You can get them at pretty much any electronic department in any store (Wal Mart, Sams, Target). Think of the Motorola Talkabout 2-way radios and that is what Doug is talking about. You will need to get the ones with channels and subchannels.

You can get a decent pair for between $30-80. Since this thing is getting pretty big, I may have to go pick up a pair that has a larger radius. It is imperative that we stay in contact, though.

Tom

Old 07-18-2004 | 12:25 PM

Thanks tliss! I agree that it's imperative to keep in contact. I will get me a set of radios and I will be collecting at least a few Cellular Phone numbers as my backup.

Quick Reply: TX L's going to TOPEKA