Lightning

Magnum Powers Dyno Results!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004 | 09:39 PM
Originally posted by 2bscrewed
The whine on the Kenne Bell is pretty loud too. I know I ran the same day at Fun Ford with JDM Driving Johnfastruck's truck. He only got me by less than .3 And There is alot more done to his truck then mine. Plus he is over 20#'s of boost to my 15#'s. The rest of my truck is pretty stock. I believe his truck has a Throttle body, Full exhaust, Slicks, Converter, and race gas. All of which are stock on my truck. And I am by no means an experienced driver, that was only my second time at the track. I'm not talking down on johns truck at all, I like it and him very much. I just Don't think the Magnum is as great a bargain as you might think. I would just be afraid to run the amount of boost everyday that it seems to take to get the power out of the magnum. I know John told me he runs a race gas mix all the time. Not something I think most people want to do with a daily driver. But I have only been around 2 MP blowers so maybe I'm way off in my assumptions. Just trying to add some input.
Today I'm runing my 16 lb lower and a stock upper with 94 oct. Roughly 21 lb of boost on Sunoco pump gas. I normaly run 16 lb of boost total on my daily driver with the same 94 oct fuel. When I race I run 110 Sunoco leaded fuel. You do not have to run race fuel all the time. I drive my truck 156 miles round trip mostly highway miles.

Suavy

Old 07-28-2004 | 09:41 PM
Ha, you are the man Geronimo!!!! that's one awesome plant.
Are you going to make it to JDM days in Oct?

Old 07-28-2004 | 11:09 PM
I'm going to make a great effort to make it there!

Old 07-28-2004 | 11:42 PM
thats one cool pic

what a feeling that must be

Old 07-29-2004 | 12:03 AM
Thanks for your kind words,

The plant is awsome! I love to cruise the truck to the street seen every Friday & Sat night. The Magnum Powers blower wine is crazy!

I had Flow master 2 in 2 out and the blower wine would drown the exhaust right out.

However, I went to the Magnaflow 2 in 2 out with high flow cats.

To quite for me I'm going to cut the cats off ASAP and maybe go back to the Flow Master set up!

Suavy

Old 07-29-2004 | 09:13 AM
Originally posted by 8UR LS1
thats weird, i heard the KB puts more strain on the stock block than the Magnum because the KB makes more boost at lower RPMs (Twin srew design) say 500-2500 which is more likely the damage the engine during heavy acceleration.

and like Jim said there isnt that much of a difference anyway up to 16#s boost between the two, its over that # when the KB begins to pull away like 19+ pounds boost and up

so for a stock block daily driver how do you figure the KB is that much better than the Magnum especialy for the $ difference?

somebody correct me if im wrong
I was thinking John told me he was running over 20#'s of boost at Fun Ford, thats where I was questioning the MP performance. The value aspect I dont think is much different between the two. I have a consrvative tune and only run on pump gas. With a converter and slicks I would have run the same as The two MP trucks that day, with at least $2800 less in parts (tb, full exhaust, full fuel system) then what the MP trucks were running. And the KB is there for me later on if I decide I want to get a built motor and go for it all.

As for the Kenne Bell making too much power down low I've always read and heard the opposite, that the kenne bell builds with rpm's.

Either way the more blowers and options out there the better I think. That way we aren't all driving the same truck.

Old 07-31-2004 | 02:21 AM
Originally posted by 2bscrewed
I was thinking John told me he was running over 20#'s of boost at Fun Ford, thats where I was questioning the MP performance. The value aspect I dont think is much different between the two. I have a consrvative tune and only run on pump gas. With a converter and slicks I would have run the same as The two MP trucks that day, with at least $2800 less in parts (tb, full exhaust, full fuel system) then what the MP trucks were running. And the KB is there for me later on if I decide I want to get a built motor and go for it all.

As for the Kenne Bell making too much power down low I've always read and heard the opposite, that the kenne bell builds with rpm's.

Either way the more blowers and options out there the better I think. That way we aren't all driving the same truck.
you are probably just a better driver

yeah right

Old 07-31-2004 | 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Suavy
I'm going to make a great effort to make it there!
You better try reaaaaal hard
Why not bring a Ford GT down for "testing".
You know, slaming gears, high speed runs,picking up babes........

Old 07-31-2004 | 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
You better try reaaaaal hard
Why not bring a Ford GT down for "testing".
You know, slaming gears, high speed runs,picking up babes........
That would be cool but I'm to low on the totem poll to get to drive one!

I got to see it do a healthy burn out and take a pic next to it but thats it. I did talk to the lead engineer about the car for about 20 min. I asked if the intake & heads would fit our truck he felt they would. However the pluming and the 16 injectors that it uses maybe a tuning nightmare!
We will have to discuss this issue further with a case of beer and some other party favorites!

Suavy

Old 07-31-2004 | 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Suavy

We will have to discuss this issue further with a case of beer and some other party favorites!

Suavy
My man Suavy

Old 07-31-2004 | 08:29 PM

SUAVY

Quick Reply: Magnum Powers Dyno Results!