Lightning

SCT website?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004 | 08:09 AM
|
SCT website?

I know they aren't a vendor, however I need to contact Jerry ASAP!

someone please help me out>

Old 07-16-2004 | 08:44 AM
http://www.superchipscustom.com/

Or you can go over to www.modulardepot.com and leave a PM for SCTGuy (Jerry) he responds fairly quickly.

Joe

Old 07-16-2004 | 08:47 AM
F150online
Founder
I know they aren't a vendor, however I need to contact Jerry ASAP!
Actually SCT did just become a Supporting Vendor. I am awaiting more information from Brian before I announce it...

Old 07-16-2004 | 10:38 AM
My my seems like another Vendor is let in,
that hasn't been REGISTERED HERE FOR A YEAR

I guess it's not about the rules, it's about who you know......
It's happened before

F150online Member Since: October 2003
Supporting Vendor Since: February 2004

F150online Member Since: November 2000
Supporting Vendor Since: April 2001

I welcome them with open arms like any Vendor, (especially since it seems SCT is the future of L tunning), just think it's B/S that you won't let Race Tested in, OR ALLOW them to talk about their product, yet Apten was allowed to sell hundred if not a thousand ports AND TALK ABOUT IT 24/7 in a million post when they WERE NOT a Vendor.

Oh thats right I forgot, it's Bryan again, just now working for SCT

Old 07-16-2004 | 10:52 AM
Tell me how ya really feel Rob!

(only bustin' on ya cause I don't think I've ever seen you upset!)

Old 07-16-2004 | 11:06 AM
|
I don't know anything about that, I just work here

Old 07-16-2004 | 11:20 AM
F150online
Founder
I guess it's not about the rules, it's about who you know......
And since I know neither of these companies personally, nor have I ever met any of the contacts in person, nor have I ever spoken to them on the phone, nor do I own a Lightning, nor do I use their products, your paranoid delusions of conspiracy and bias are 100% baseless.

I make the decisions as to which vendors to allow as Supporting Vendors. I seek the input of our moderators and other members of our community before reaching a decision. About 1 in 25 that approach us are even considered. The one-year policy is just one of many criteria that qualifies a company, so don't bother dwelling on that. If you want to know what else we consider, feel free to contact me at webmaster@f150online.com.

Same old tired story, though. Publicly damned if we do. Publicly damned if we don't. If we allow every vendor to become an SV, we are money hungry ******. If we selectively choose, we are showing bias. What a fun game this is.

(edited to change moderator to moderators)

Last edited by webmaster; 07-16-2004 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-16-2004 | 11:25 AM
Steve I understand we don't want too many Vendors

But No-one here can argue the fact a Progressive Nitrous System that DOES NOT ALLOW 100% Power at Launch, IS SAFER AND LESS STRESSFUL on our Motors, we saw me make over 500/600 on a Dyno using only 60% Nitrous HP at initial WOT. Why we would not wan't Race Tested here, is simply beyond me,
especially with sooooooooo many of use using Nitrous lately,
Their control's can save motors, and they would not be in direct competition WITH ANYONE.

Old 07-16-2004 | 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
we saw me make over 500/600 on a Dyno using only 60% Nitrous HP at initial WOT.
Your truck never made 500rwhp.

Old 07-16-2004 | 11:31 AM
F150online
Founder
Rob,

I would never argue the technical merits or benefits of a product with you, or anyone else for that matter, as I am the first to admit that I am mechanically challenged.

In the case of Race Tested, I honestly don't recall having a dialog with them regarding the Supporting Vendor program. Can you tell me when that happened and when they were turned down? What reason did we give for not allowing them to become SV's? Is there a representative on the forums from that company? I have never gone out and solicited a company to become an SV, it's always been reactionary.

Steve

Old 07-16-2004 | 11:43 AM
Occasionally I do the footwork RE the SV system and I don't recall a conversation with or about Race Tested either ...

With regard to Brian from Apten/SCT - It was his professionalism, maturity and approach that convinced me that he might be a good candidate... He had been participating/contributing on the forum for some time and had taken the initiative to figure out on his own how to participate without running afoul of the Vendor rules...

Doug

Old 07-16-2004 | 11:47 AM
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
Your truck never made 500rwhp.
You picking a fight Bro

Ok let the record show I oficially made
SAE 489.39 HP and 600.65 Torque
STD 501.37 HP and 615.36 Torque

Considering it was 83.97 Degrees,
I had no intention of dyno-ing
I DID NO PREP AT ALL
USED PUMP GAS
AND NO BOTTLE WARMER
Thats 500/600 in my mind, sorry if it's not in yours.

Steve,
His name is Denny, and he tried and was turned down due
to not being a member for 1 year

racetested

(maybe more by now)

I'll have him e-mail you private

Old 07-16-2004 | 11:59 AM
F150online
Founder
Rob,

I searched through my sent emails and apparently Denny did request information on becoming an SV back about the same time he joined. According to my email exchange with him, it appears that his first posts here were in violation of our vendor rules, so they were removed.

Most likely, this was a case where our first impression of this particular company was they were here to take advantage of our audience, not help them. As Doug noted above, professionalism and how we are approached, as well as some past history of helping our community on the forums, are factors in the decision.

History may prove that this was the wrong interpretation, but our instinct is usually to turn down those whose first posts are all about marketing. We can, and have, change our minds. If he wants to contact us again, I am willing to take another look.

Steve

Old 07-16-2004 | 12:05 PM
I just looked through some of his past 40 or so posts...

He seems to have stayed out of trouble. And has offered some technical assistance - Mostly in response to Robs posts.

Wanted to also add another thing that impacts the decision on which vendors are considered is thier product line. If they are a duplicate of vendors we already have it plays in to Steves decision. It appears he ONLY sells Nitrous kits.

Doug

Old 07-16-2004 | 01:18 PM
So where does that leave me now? Am I up for possible reconsideration of being a vendor? My support will be limited here as I can only help on nitrous related issues using our kits as I'm not a Lightning tuner in general but will hopefully be working with more experienced Lighning tuners as time goes by and can add to Lightning questions. For example: I will get to know the limits of factory parts and can better give a potential customer guidelines and power limit suggestions to stay safe.

Quick Reply: SCT website?