Lightning

Not very happy....I LOST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004 | 12:57 PM
Originally posted by SpeedJunky
I kill semi-stock (pullies, catback, etc.- no power adder) GTs, Mach I, and Bullets all the time....and that hauling about 600lbs worth of stereo equipment in the rear.
DO NOT put the Mach 1 in the same category as a GT and a Bullitt...............no disrespect to GT or Bullitt owners. Mach 1's are between .5 and 1 full second faster than a stock GT, and will trap 6 to 7 mph higher as well.............The Bullitt is essentially a GT, so no difference there. You get a Mach 1 and a GT with similar mods (exhaust, CAI, gears), and you'll have VERY different results.........a well-launched Mach 1 with gears, exhaust, and a filter kit will run you mid 12's all day long with NOOO problems, whereas a GT with those mods MAY run you a low 13..........

JC

Old 07-16-2004 | 01:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally posted by 54Triton
heat affects everyone.... not just you. Now if you were comparing timeslips from one day to another, then you can blame it on heat. With him running right beside you at the same time, you were both racing in identical conditions....no advantage either way.
Doesn't heat impact forced induction engines more than n/a engines.

Old 07-16-2004 | 02:14 PM
|
I've been told that Heat affects lightnings more because of the supercharger. Our motors rely on air so much....and this HOT air is not good air!

Old 07-16-2004 | 02:52 PM
Silver 2002- Current Modifications: JDM Stage 1 which includes: Flip chip, Cool Air Induction Kit, Boost Bypass, Line Mod Valve, Oil Breather Cap, Deep Sump Trans. Pan & Filter. Also: 4lb Lower Pulley, Accufab Throttle Body, Bassani Cat-Back, Nitto DR's

I was just curious, I noticed in your mods that you have an Oil Breather Cap, is this functional or just for show and if functional does your chip compensate for the loss of crankcase pressure.?

Old 07-16-2004 | 03:05 PM
|
Yes, the chip compensates. One time I took the chip out & the check engine light came on. I called JDM, they told me to put the original oil cap back on...and that fixed the problem.

Old 07-16-2004 | 03:17 PM
Two other things you might consider for mods are a set of traction bars to help you get off the line quicker and the other which might be a little expensive are upgraded fuel lines which are a bigger circumference. A couple of guys here in Florida had them installed and said they made a huge difference on the top end, like the trucks keep pulling and pulling.

Quick Reply: Not very happy....I LOST!!!