Lightning

Long Tubes...Dynatek vs Kooks

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004 | 01:06 AM
I've installed the Dynatechs and LFP's version. The Dynatechs were a much easier install, the EGR tube fit perfectly, the header bolts were better, and the collector setup was nicer and more leak-proof. The amount of time I spent trying to get the EGR tube to fit was really annoying. There is no comparison between those two, the Dynatechs are MUCH nicer.

I have not used the Kook's Lightning headers although I do have their headers for my twin turbo 69 Camaro. Awesome quality also.

Jody

Old 07-17-2004 | 02:37 AM
I have the dynatechs on mine. The install is not that difficult and it sounds very good (have mid-pipes and magnaflow catback too).

Old 07-17-2004 | 10:23 AM
Originally posted by camcojb
I've installed the Dynatechs and LFP's version. The Dynatechs were a much easier install, the EGR tube fit perfectly, the header bolts were better, and the collector setup was nicer and more leak-proof. The amount of time I spent trying to get the EGR tube to fit was really annoying. There is no comparison between those two, the Dynatechs are MUCH nicer.

I have not used the Kook's Lightning headers although I do have their headers for my twin turbo 69 Camaro. Awesome quality also.

Jody
You have some very, very nice automobiles, Did you restore all those auto's yourself? Kooks are very easy to install. Buy the Dynatechs direct from Dynatech.

Old 07-17-2004 | 10:57 AM
Dynatechs here; a very nice chunk of welded up stainless steal tubing

Old 07-17-2004 | 12:39 PM
Casey, whered did you get the lower grille to match the upper harley one? My friend has an H.D. and has been looking. sorry for the post hijack

Old 07-17-2004 | 01:21 PM
Originally posted by 04LSuperCrew
You have some very, very nice automobiles, Did you restore all those auto's yourself? Kooks are very easy to install. Buy the Dynatechs direct from Dynatech.
Thank you. I do my own builds, paint, installs, engine building, EFI tuning, etc. Only way I can afford to do it!

Jody

Old 07-17-2004 | 03:08 PM
Originally posted by sadf
Casey, whered did you get the lower grille to match the upper harley one? My friend has an H.D. and has been looking. sorry for the post hijack
I think that's a J-Jent lower. I'll let Casey chime in with the part number but I don't recall it being on their website (www.J-Jent.com)

Quick Reply: Long Tubes...Dynatek vs Kooks