Lightning

A/F question after Apten ported blower...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004 | 07:10 PM
|
Question A/F question after Apten ported blower...

Since I have a Predator, and will be bolting the (Apten Ported) blower back up tonight, I was wondering if anybody has any idea what percentage % increase in fuel I should add (BEFORE I AM ABLE TO MAKE IT TO THE DYNO). I am thinking between 5-10% range?

Last edited by Blown347Hatch; 07-16-2004 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-16-2004 | 07:23 PM
Re: A/F question after Apten ported blower...

Originally posted by Blown347Hatch
Since I have a Predator, and will be bolting the (Apten Ported) blower back up tonight, I was wondering if anybody has any idea what percentage % increase in fuel I should add (BEFORE I AM ABLE TO MAKE IT TO THE DYNO). I am thinking between 5-10% range?
I don't know if this helps, but I dynoed my truck before and after the Apten. 15lbs of boost stock was running 11.9...the same pulley combo became 17-18 lbs with an A/F of 12.1...and my MAS started pegging 5 volts around 5000 RPM's if I remember right. I would suggest data logging the MAS readings while your dyno is being done to watch this. MAS hits 5 volts pretty darn quick after you start making 17lbs.

Rocks

Old 07-16-2004 | 07:27 PM
|
Re: Re: A/F question after Apten ported blower...

Originally posted by 03LightninRocks
I don't know if this helps, but I dynoed my truck before and after the Apten. 15lbs of boost stock was running 11.9...the same pulley combo became 17-18 lbs with an A/F of 12.1...and my MAS started pegging 5 volts around 5000 RPM's if I remember right. I would suggest data logging the MAS readings while your dyno is being done to watch this. MAS hits 5 volts pretty darn quick after you start making 17lbs.
Rocks
Thanks. I have 6lb lower right now. Looks like your A/F didn't change much. I believe I can watch the mass air voltage via the Predator as well. Appreciate the tips.

Old 07-16-2004 | 11:26 PM
|
Anyone else????

Old 07-17-2004 | 12:01 AM
I would richen it a tad if people are seeing their AF ratios lean out one or two tenths. Anytime you increase your horsepower and lean yourself out, you want to make sure you're running safer than you were. That's just my opinion.

Also, do you have AF ratios for your current setup? You may not need to change anything at all if you're already running rich and have room in your tune.

Old 07-17-2004 | 04:54 PM
|
Originally posted by LightningGuy
I would richen it a tad if people are seeing their AF ratios lean out one or two tenths. Anytime you increase your horsepower and lean yourself out, you want to make sure you're running safer than you were. That's just my opinion.

Also, do you have AF ratios for your current setup? You may not need to change anything at all if you're already running rich and have room in your tune.
Unfortunately, I don't. I just added 5% fuel today just to be on the safe side, but hoping that I'm not killing much power as a result.

Quick Reply: A/F question after Apten ported blower...