Lightning

It’s a pleasure to use a new product, when it works

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004 | 06:33 PM
|
Thumbs up It’s a pleasure to use a new product, when it works

“Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax”

I know just another wax, that’s what I figured too, but this stuff actually works, WOO HOO…. HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED IT ???

I did my usual Meguiars Quik Detail Job and was absolutely upset with all the dam swirl marks on my L (god there are sooooooo many) so I figured I’d go look for something that removes (or helps) swirl marks. Looked at a bunch of crap at Auto Zone and did the usual Deer Stare for what seemed like hours. Then I figured screw it I’ll try Zano (spelling?),
Of course they didn’t have it @$#@#$@(#$# then I saw this and read it and said, WOW
this schitt sounds like it can end world hunger, I’ll give it a try.

I hate when it says coat the entire vehicle, wait for it to dry, and rub off. In the past with a Black Truck in the Sun that has meant A LOT of rubbing for the usual hazing “don’t want to come off” and white spec’s everywhere from the wax nightmare. But I said ok I’ll listen FOR ONCE and do as they said. Man this stuff is nice, goes on different, covers excellent, dry’s but doesn’t haze up white, bla bla bla. So I went inside and left it cooking in the sun (even know it said don’t, HELLO IT’S SUMMER AND SUNNY. So anyway waited a while came back out and took it off. HOLY THIS STUFF COMES OFF LIKE BUTTER BATMAN, easier than it goes on, no white crap, no haze, no hard rubbing.

But the main thing is, I had this one area on the pass side door, the entire area left of the window going up from the door to roof, where it was scratch and swirl city, I mean bad, that’s the worse area on my truck (for some strange reason) man the difference is night and day, I’ve tried everything on that area, this schitt really made the swirl/scratches in the clear coat look a million time better, almost impossible to see now, WOO HOO………………..

Ok nough said,
just wondering if anyone else has tried it and noticed how great it works ???
It really does go on easy, wipe off easy, hide or help swirl and scratches, and really does give it a dark shine like they claim.
Good to see something actually does what they say, FOR ONCE…..

Oh Ya, they also have a Booster Wax, “Spray Wax for between waxes”, like their Quik Detailer, (haven’t tried that yet, oh wait it should be dirty by now, let me go see how it works, (@%$(#@&$%)*%$#)%$&$#@%$) hehehehehe.

Ok I’m going to be honest with you all, the only reason I bought it was because of the hot rice on the lable,
YA RIGHT

Old 07-17-2004 | 06:35 PM
|
Did someone say pictures, OK
(these are low resolution posted here in the Gallery)

Old 07-17-2004 | 06:38 PM
|
Old 07-17-2004 | 06:39 PM
Well I guess somebody bought stock in Mequiars this week.

Old 07-17-2004 | 06:45 PM
I put two coats on in March. I love the stuff!!! It's everything you said and more.
I just used the "BOOSTER" yesterday for the first time. It works great also. It does have a little powdery residue that the regular NXT doesn't have. No biggie though.

Old 07-17-2004 | 06:47 PM
holy ***** ROb... that looks like a fricking Mirror!

EXCELLENT JOB!

Old 07-17-2004 | 06:47 PM
Nice job. I went over my truck with Meguiars Color X, then did 2 coats of the NXT. It looks great and the wax is holding up really well. Put another coat of NXT on it and it will look even better.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=6470

Old 07-17-2004 | 06:56 PM
Rob....it's funny you mention that....

about 2 weeks ago, I did a search for waxes on this site and came up with the majority using Zaino or something like Black Cherry, etc.....so off I went to the auto parts store looking for either one of these.
Well...nobody had what I was looking for, but I did see the Meguires NXT wax.....so I figured what the he!!....I'll give it a shot.

I couldn't believe how easy that wax came off....after sitting on the truck for almost 25 minutes. It looked very clean too...not a bunch of debris after you're done.
I have a black truck like you and it is a major pain to keep that thing clean....... I like the wax and will continue to use it..

dogg ...out....

Last edited by shelpdoggSVT; 07-17-2004 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-17-2004 | 08:01 PM
I grabbed a bottle awhile back when they offered refund to rying the product, been hooked since the first time!

ShowYa

Old 07-17-2004 | 08:34 PM
Re: It’s a pleasure to use a new product, when it works

Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
“Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax”

I know just another wax, that’s what I figured too, but this stuff actually works, WOO HOO…. HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED IT ???

Ok I’m going to be honest with you all, the only reason I bought it was because of the hot rice on the lable,
YA RIGHT

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=155693

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=155841

Old 07-17-2004 | 08:35 PM
Rob....after you wash your L a few times...let us know how well the wax holds up.

Old 07-17-2004 | 08:50 PM
litnfast

Where did you get your tonneau cover, and how much was it?

Old 07-17-2004 | 11:30 PM
|
WOW, everyone knew already
AND WHEN WERE YOU ALL GOING TO TELL ME
I feel like a frigging step brother I tell you.................

THANKS and BTW, Nice pic's and shine all,
Sounds like we got us a good product here
Thanks for sharing
AFTER THE FACT hehehehehe

Old 07-17-2004 | 11:34 PM
The big question is, why do you post so many random pictures? Showing off your truck after a nice wax job is one thing, but why take pictures of the actual spray bottle?? And like we can read that label? A nice link or just telling us the brand would have been more than enough...

You must have way too much time on your hands, Rob.

Sorry, but I've gone through so many of your nonsensical posts and just thought, "what goes through the mind of this guy?"

P.S. You don't
Have to
Format your post
like a
Haiku

Last edited by LightningGuy; 07-17-2004 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-18-2004 | 12:16 AM
|
I don't know what Haiku is ?
and believe me, you DO NOT want to know what goes through my mind
And yes, I do have a lot of time on my hands (Well early morning and late night that is), I like to get up @ 4:30 and enjoy a quiet house, and stay up to @12-1 to once again enjoy the quiet. Thats the only time you'll see me on, well then and a little sneaking in while at work too. Every other sec is playing Single Dad raising a kid, he's got his best friend over today for a sleep over, so yes I had a little free time on my hand after the Go-Cart racing, movies, swimming, Micky D's, and yard work today. This last week was one of our vacations, so inbetween the water park, aquarium, museum and planetarium, game room, mini-golf, and 20 restraunts we must have hit, I have been on more than normal, sorry if it bother's you.

BTW
I'd be the first to say, MY MIND IS FAR FROM NORMAL,
YOU HAVE NO IDEA
but that doesn't make me a bad guy, just annoying....

Quick Reply: It’s a pleasure to use a new product, when it works