Lightning

SES Light Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SES Light Question

I am going to autozone tomorrow to have it scaned but has anyone had a SES light come on after removing and cleaning the blower and intercooler? Once I reset the computer the light will come on around 12-15 miles. It has done it twice now and I am a little concerned that I missed something with I put the blower and intercooler back together.

Old 07-18-2004, 12:50 AM
Too many factors, I would just wait for the codes and postem here when you get em..Then WE WILL ALL BE IN THE KNOW!!

MWHAAA HAA HAAAAAAAAA

Old 07-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Think I found the problem this morning. The green vac line that attaches to the top of the EGR valve was touching the egr tube and melted together. I tried to blow throught it with no luck. I am going to replace that line and see what happens. In the mean time I am still going to have the codes scanned.

Old 07-18-2004, 12:57 PM
If your vac gauge is low I would say you got it or maybe a wire or line mismatched. Easyly done when playing under the hood ! Goodluck.

Old 07-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by 01-Bolt
Think I found the problem this morning. The green vac line that attaches to the top of the EGR valve was touching the egr tube and melted together. I tried to blow throught it with no luck. I am going to replace that line and see what happens. In the mean time I am still going to have the codes scanned.
Ya thats a common problem.

A good temp fix is to but some rubber vacuum line and just replace the melted line. Disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and you will be all set.

Quick Reply: SES Light Question