Lightning

LFP Longtube Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004 | 01:37 PM
|
LFP Longtube Headers?

Does anyone have a set of LFP LTs installed? Opinions? They seem like the most budget-minded longtube headers out there and I was wondering how they compared sound/performance-wise to Kooks and Dynatechs...

Also, who makes them?

Old 07-19-2004 | 02:23 PM
Here's my reply from a post on another board about them.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by onebadf150
I talked with Mark @ LFP last weekend when I was in houston about his headers and what make them different the the rest. He worked along with Doug Thorley in designing the L/T. Now Doug Thorley was the father of Tri-Y Step Headers which which povide better scavaging and increased power though out the whole rpm range. The original design was I think don't quote me was that Exhaust port 1&3 and 2&4 converged into a Y and then those two y's meet into one collector. LFP's headers do not have the initial Y's but 2 Y's are formed before the collector (not sure which Cylinders merge together). This is suppose to increase low end HP & TQ and make constant gains thru the rpm range. This is the big difference between LFP's and the rest so far.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has he fixed the angle of the egr tube yet? You will waste 1-2 hours re-bending yours to work, and if you haven't tried it that tube does not bend easily! I finally kinked it and had to buy a new one and bend it all up.

Has he switched the bolts for the heads yet? They came with allen bolts which are almost impossible to tighten in some spots. A 6 point headed bolt is MUCH easier. Expect to at least modify an allen wrench to work.

His lower flanges always leaked at the collector on mine, although I replaced his gaskets with a harder steel donut which helped.

Dynatechs had none of the above issues. Kook's are awesome quality also, have a set of their turbo headers for a Camaro project I'm doing.

Jody

Quick Reply: LFP Longtube Headers?