Lightning

Fix the Engine Of Doom!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a slightly more serious note...

well guys, i've been sending out more e-mails. again, if you have been kind enough to help out and I didn't e-mail you directly to say thanks then I sincerely apologize. it's only because I couldn't find your e-mail address. please know that I cannot express how much I appreciate the help that each and every person has given me in the past few days.

by my calculations of the donations to the paypal account that ICULOKN set up on my truck's behalf, plus several people who have contacted me directly and are sending checks via snail-mail, we have gotten over $1500 dollars in donations or pledges in a matter of just 3 short days! you guys are amazing. this of course does not take into consideration paypal's slice of the fund, but hey, nothing is perfect.

those of you who received personal e-mails from me already know the other good news.

Jim D'Amore from JDM Engineering has stepped forward and offered to supply us with a new "built" motor for the truck at a substantially discounted price!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Jim@JDM for his help in our effort to get the blue truck up and running at full speed again!!!

the new motor is scheduled to be ready hopefully late next week.

this means that I SHOULD be able to have the truck up and running by this time next month assuming I don't hit any snags!!!

this is great news, and it wouldn't have happened without the help of all of you here on the boards.

thank you!

sincerely,
Chris Haynie

P.S. I'd also like everyone to know that I contacted both LightningTuner and TommyLightning, both of whom were caring enough to offer their personal support and the support of their respective businesses in this situation. I discussed everything with them in detail. Both of these guys were understanding, positive, and happy to know that everything is moving in the right direction for the blue truck.

Even the tuner's are agreeing on this one guys!!! at the risk of sounding corny, I feel like we really came together as a community this time.

oh did I mention that Doug aka Silver_2000_! chipped in some coin too!!!

thanks guys...

Last edited by superfords; 07-23-2004 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Updated List! Thanks Again!!

Old 07-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Its almost like chris had cancer or something! I hope teh truck get backs to running nice Chris!

Old 07-22-2004, 10:50 PM
ok

Chris, glad to hear things are looking up. I hope I get to meet you and your truck in person this fall.

Let's get to the point here though!!!

I think it's about time to officially can the "Engine of Doom" theme, well, since the engine was doomed. Let's find a new positive name of it.

How about the "B.O.L.T. Motor".???(Brotherhood of Lightning Trucks).

Old 07-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: On a slightly more serious note...

Originally posted by superfords
Jim D'Amore from JDM Engineering has stepped forward and offered to supply us with a new "built" motor for the truck at a substantially discounted price!
JDM takes some abuse around here, but this is one time that everyone needs to give credit where credit is due.

Hats off to Jim!

Old 07-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Unoid
Its almost like chris had cancer or something!
Yo. We're collecting money to buy Ferris Bueller a new kidney.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:49 PM
haha

I'm sure someone will find fault with Jim hooking Chris up with a motor.......haha.

I'm pretty sure not everyone on this board would get the response that chris has. As the saying goes, what goes around , comes around. The good things are comming back for him........the rest of you are ****ed!!!

Old 07-23-2004, 12:43 AM
just remember your with the rest of us

Old 07-23-2004, 12:45 AM
haha

yup......hehe.

Old 07-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by LightninMike
just remember your with the rest of us

oh and one more thing...

despite persistant rumors...

I do NOT have cancer.

<--- irony smilie

Old 07-23-2004, 01:06 AM
I just wanted to comment that I when I e-mailed Chris, I told him it was ok with me if he spent what I sent on hookers........

Old 07-23-2004, 03:45 AM
I need to get one of these F150Online.com insurance policies before I start modding my L.

Old 07-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Update!

Chris CAN use my donation to get laid, because he probably could use a little stress relief.

Fast Gator

Old 07-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Re: Re: On a slightly more serious note...

Originally posted by Tim Skelton
JDM takes some abuse around here, but this is one time that everyone needs to give credit where credit is due.

Hats off to Jim!
IMO for those who like to bitch about cost, and I use JDM, PSP,& JLP and will recomend any of them, as they all are Top Notch tuners & vendors in my book. and all give back in ways they can.
this is Just another reason "besides sponsoring many events" that JDM stuff may cost a little more, HE SUPPORTS and RETURNS the EXTRA to the community in many ways, including giving back to those who truely deserve it, and respect it . "and don't ask for freebies"
Chris has Earned the respect of most, by giving all he can to anyone who asked without asking for anything in return, and puts the blame on his own shoulders if something fails (instead of whineing and pointing fingers) He is a true asset to this community as this thread has proven. Its nice to see him get a DISCOUNTED "not free" motor offered from JDM as part of this strong show of support.
enough of my babbling .
to ALL of the community that have given thier support.

Old 07-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Put me down for $25. I know it’s not much but being a single dad with a 15 year old daughter can be costly LOL…

I have been through this thread and I may have missed it so I apologize but could someone email me Chris’s address to where I can send a check and his full name to put on the check or whoever so I can send a check off tomorrow in the mail.

Chris:

I have learned some great things from you as well as many people here on F150online since purchasing my sonic blue Lightning last February. I loved the write up you did on your initial build up and learned from it as well. Therefore I don’t look at my donation, though small, as some kind of charity but rather an investment on a continuing education from you and others.

Good luck…

Nick (a.k.a. Burt)

Quick Reply: Fix the Engine Of Doom!