Lightning

Fix the Engine Of Doom!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wanted to say thanks to all that did ANYTHING positive to help Chris out.

I know Chris has sent emails thanking all of you but I wanted to send some thanks as well.

It is just a material truck in reality. But like many said on here when your at the track and someone wants some gas, or ice, or a drink, or whatever, do you turn them down? NO, you always help if your a good hearted person. Many people have went out of their way here and done 100 times a drink or simple help. But some people are in positions to do that.

Im sorry this got compared to a personal loss like Greg is going through. Cancer is a dealy killer to all of us. I have lost many friends & family to it as well. I donate time and money to lots of things dealing with cancer and to the Make & Wish foundation. I see no compariosn to helping a friend out on a hobby.

Regardless I know many people are upset that some have helped Chris and not helped others with motor problems and I do understand your feeling.

I started this, not Chris or anyone else. I get joy out of helping people. Hell I spend more time working on other peopls cars than I do my own. I cant do many things right, but I can always help a friend in need.....

I do want to thank all the F150 members that helped. I also emailed all the vendors to see if anyone would help out and I would like to thank Chickenears, Sal (LightningTuner), Jim@JDM, & TommyLightning (Outrageous Performance) for you offers and donations as well. It was nice to see some Vendors offer support back.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:58 PM
When I logged on today, I was amazed to see the number of replies and hits this thread has gotten. I've followed it closely, not only as one who contributed, but with a lot a pride in seeing a group helping one of their own.

When I post on this board I am taking time that I could be selling to someone else and am essentially donating it to the ongoing dialog and knowledge base the board offers. Money and time are one and the same to me. LightninGuy, If it will make you happier, I'll contibute an equal amount of money to a fund for someone I've never heard of, on a board that I don't read or post on.

Perhaps your own words in your post express your feelings the best. Those words, which I quote, were as follows: "You guys are a community and I respect that."

Yes, we ARE a community and as a community we, as fully informed individuals have, of our own free will, chosen to help one of our own. He made a mistake in building the motor and shared what went wrong with us.

We are, thus, a community. I'm sorry you've chosen not to join us, but would ask that you heed your own words and respect the fact that we've chosen to react as we have............ Oh, and be thankful that we, like youself, have every right to do so.

Old 07-24-2004, 12:27 AM
This is why I get on this forum almost every chance I get. We are more than just a forum of how-to's and help me's. We are truely a band of brothers (and sisters). This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

BTW congrats Doug...I didn't know you had it in you

Old 07-24-2004, 08:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And my friends wonder why I don't post as much anymore

And I didn't donate money for Chris's blown motor....I paid a small amout of money for his time and effort to post pics and describe the build up of his suspension and motor.

Also for the time, a couple years ago when I needed a wiring diagram for power windows. Chris took the time out of his day to locate it and fax it to my house. Things he does that most people have no idea off.

Gator Out!

Old 07-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ~nightcrawler~
BTW congrats Doug...I didn't know you had it in you
You should have stopped typing at "I didnt know you"

Rather than take a shot at me online - Why dont you show up to a TALON meeting since you live in the area, and introduce yourself ?

Doug

Old 07-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
And I didn't donate money for Chris's blown motor....I paid a small amout of money for his time and effort....
Gator Out!
Bro, I'm getting a little low on the Hydro,
can you help a Brother out

Old 07-24-2004, 12:31 PM
well, I just got home. I drove out to I-95 to meet a guy from N.C. who was passing through Richmond.

I sold my old set of '03 wheels.

two to shock and two to Sharpshooter from nloc.

theres another $500 towards the engine fund!

later,
chris

Old 07-24-2004, 12:52 PM
WOO HOO.....

It's getting closer by the minute Chris

Old 07-24-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by superfords
well, I just got home. I drove out to I-95 to meet a guy from N.C. who was passing through Richmond.

I sold my old set of '03 wheels.

two to shock and two to Sharpshooter from nloc.

theres another $500 towards the engine fund!

later,
chris
Glad we could help!

Old 07-24-2004, 04:21 PM
In the end, it's your money and my opinion. The two don't have to mix. I do respect all of you guys for chipping in and helping a fellow enthusiast out. I just disagree with how it's being done.

That's all I will say about this subject. If you don't want to hear other opinions, assenting or otherwise, don't post on a public forum.

Old 07-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Good luck on the new motor. I don't post a whole lot here, but I do read daily if not more. You have giving a lot of valuable info out.

Paypal sent.

Jason

Old 07-24-2004, 06:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by LightningGuy
. . . If you don't want to hear other opinions, assenting or otherwise, don't post on a public forum.
You have the right to crap on any post that you want.

You also have the right to fart in an elevator, but that doesn't make it kosher.

Old 07-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by LightningGuy
If you don't want to hear other opinions, assenting or otherwise, don't post on a public forum.

WOOSAH... WOOSAH...

Last edited by superfords; 07-24-2004 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:10 PM
now look what you made me do!!

it's all fun and games until somebody makes a double post...

Last edited by superfords; 07-24-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:17 PM
Any new pics on the progress? How are things coming?

Quick Reply: Fix the Engine Of Doom!