Lightning

SVT Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 03:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by SVTJer
i know some others have already stated it, but every $W(&*T%*(&$W^%($#W^%($% time i take my truck in for service (it says clearly oil changes arent included, but i dont take my truck to the dealer for oil changes) they ALWAYS want me to wait and wont give me a loaner.. wtf?
In addition to what 01 XLT Sport said:

I think it is all related to your service advisor more than anything. I have never had any issues getting a rental for anything that requires them to keep my truck for more than 3 hours. It may be wise to approach the service manager (or a senior service advisor) and ask what the service policy is for SVT owners. If they give you bull, I'd try going to a different stealership.

Ah yes, don't forget: tell them not to wash the truck (ever).

Old 07-21-2004, 11:18 AM
It means..... I stop by the Dealership every week or so to have them "top of the gas tank" and detail the truck

Old 07-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Free Gas ?

All,

I've owned 3 different SVT vehicles in 3 different states and NEVER heard of the free top off of gas. Y'all pulling our legs? The one time I took my L in, the SVT dealership was like "free rental?". I had to pull the pamphlet out and get all the way to the Service Director until he said "of course". The "knowing" service advisors, up to that point, thought I was absolutely crazy for even asking and assured me (because they had worked for Ford for over 3 years) that I was in no way eligible for a free rental just because they were keeping the truck for 2 days and it was an SVT product. Luckily, I did not choke either of them and spoke to the SD.

But come on, free fill up? If true, more power to ya.

By the way, back in Tampa (1995-2001) Brandon Ford was awesome with my Cobra. If your in the area, I highly recommend.

Old 07-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Re: Free Gas ?

Originally posted by PolishSVT
All,

I've owned 3 different SVT vehicles in 3 different states and NEVER heard of the free top off of gas. Y'all pulling our legs?

yep... SVT customers are special in my town.....full tank of gas after the detail and last visit they gave my wife a kitten....

Old 07-22-2004, 04:54 PM
I called SVT on this and it is the same program ESP uses for their free rentals. Ford re-imburses $28 per day on the SVT rental program. (I had questions regarding the daily mileage) It is whatever the 28 a day will cover.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 07-22-2004 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Re: Re: Free Gas ?

Originally posted by RED 92
yep... SVT customers are special in my town.....full tank of gas after the detail and last visit they gave my wife a kitten....
Kittens SU CK!!! I got a free Puppy! And I told them I was running crazy boost, so only fill it with Sunoco 104...they said no problem!

Old 07-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Re: Re: Re: Free Gas ?

Originally posted by whip
Kittens SU CK!!! I got a free Puppy! And I told them I was running crazy boost, so only fill it with Sunoco 104...they said no problem!
That cracks me up. I think next time I take something in for service I'm gonna tell the Ford Rep what you said above and "......make me a ham sammich while yer at it........"

Old 07-22-2004, 08:10 PM
Premium Service means you have an SVT vehicle.... which in turn means they are more likely to take a joy ride in your vehicle after repairs.....

anyone remember that guy who had his truck used to pick up a service guy's girlfriend? It was a while ago.....

Last edited by Konig; 07-23-2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:20 PM
CHIT, if I have to take my truck in for service I sit inside the truck. If it has to stay over night I sleep in a sleeping bag in the bed. Man that BedRug was a DAMN good investment…

Old 07-22-2004, 10:17 PM
How bout the guy who's buddy saw his truck at the bar????? I forget who it was, maybe a search master can dig it up...but some guy saw his buddies L at the bar so he stopped in and he wasn't there, so the phone calls were made....I think thats how it went

Old 07-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Did you know that if your truck breaks down Ford tows it for free, they have a 1800 number and you also get a loaner, happened to me.

Old 07-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Back in the day, Cooter and Gomer Ford were notorious for attempting to hand me the keys with a smile and lovely grease marks on the door panel. Yes, attempted.

After the second time round of azz chewing and their subsequent cleaning of the interior, they got the picture.

Take it in clean inside and out and let them know you expect it returned that way.

God I don't miss C&G Furd.

SVT started the 'premium service' for the 01 models. I think I still have a copy of the memo from Colletti somewhere. Used to keep in the glove box as a friendly reminder document.

Ford tows it 'for free' within a maximum amount of miles. After that, it's on you.

Bob

Quick Reply: SVT Premium Service