Lightning

SVT Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SVT Premium Service - Definition?

On the window stickers it says ..."SVT Premium Service" and "Includes SVT Program"....what exactly does that mean/include?

Last edited by drillsgtjra; 07-20-2004 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Comes with a jar of vasaline.

F U Ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2004, 03:38 PM
I think it refers to SVT owners getting free rental cars when they bring their vehicles in for service. Not sure of any other "Premium Service" they include...

Old 07-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Re: SVT Premium Service

Originally posted by drillsgtjra
On the window stickers it says ..."SVT Premium Service" and "Includes SVT Program"....what exactly does that mean/include?
You need to ask your dealer what it means- Cause in the end what matters is what they think it means

It actually means you you get the car washed before its returned and get a free rental

Old 07-20-2004, 03:51 PM
If your dealer isnt an SVT dealer then it won't mean to much at all to them....at least that has been my experience

Old 07-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by rkoenig
I think it refers to SVT owners getting free rental cars when they bring their vehicles in for service. Not sure of any other "Premium Service" they include...
that is bull **** watch for my next post.

Old 07-20-2004, 04:08 PM
FWIW, I agree with every negative comment in this thread.

Old 07-20-2004, 04:09 PM
My dealer told me it meant that when you bring your vehicle in for service or whatever, it gets detailed and filled with gas before you get it back. He didn't mention a rental. He didn't seem too sure of any details. I asked for something in writing and they are working on it. I searched the web and didn't find anything. BTW..they are an SVT dealer. The reason I am asking is because I am moving in a few months and was curious if this was a standard service that all the SVT dealers provide?

Old 07-20-2004, 05:51 PM
I looked it up once. It means free rentals (up to 2 day max) for service, and they're also supposed to wash & detail it.

I've used the free rental once. You would swear I'm the only one who ever asked for it. They were about to give me a hard time about it before the rental agent decided it wasn't worth her time at the end of the day when she was trying to go home. They've never washed my truck any of the half dozen times I've had it in there. I wouldn't mind the inside vacuumed, but I'd rather they not drag their dirty, swirl-causing junk rags over my paint anyway.

Old 07-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by halflife
that is bull **** watch for my next post.
the bottom left of this page under ownershiop experience makes it clear what Premium service is supposed to be

http://www.svt.ford.com/flash/svt_pd..._lightning.pdf

Its up to the owner to get the delaer to comply - The dealer will get compensated from ford

Doug

Old 07-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by rkoenig
i know some others have already stated it, but every $W(&*T%*(&$W^%($#W^%($% time i take my truck in for service (it says clearly oil changes arent included, but i dont take my truck to the dealer for oil changes) they ALWAYS want me to wait and wont give me a loaner.. wtf?

Old 07-20-2004, 07:00 PM
As Doug alluded to here is what it states in the “Owner’s Guide Supplement” for the SVT F-150 Lightning. Mine is page 3:

SVT Premium Service: Owners and lessees of 2004 (yours will have an earlier date) model year SVT vehicles will be provided with a complimentary loaner vehicle when their 2004 SVT vehicle is in for service (includes warranty work and routine maintenance, other than oil changes). The dealership will also wash and vacuum the customer’s vehicle, unless requested otherwise.
As you can see there is NO time limit on how long you get the loaner. If you vehicle is in for warranty work or routine maintenance and they keep it for 6 months you get a free rental for the entire time.

I would highly recommend bypassing the free wash unless you don’t mind swirls being introduced into your paint…

If you have any problems with the dealer call 1-800-FORD-SVT (367-3788)

Tell your dealer that the above POLICY is NOT negotiable because it IS policy and you PAID for it already. Trust me nothing is free and Ford already priced in this “free” service into the price of your SVT.

Now unless a non SVT dealer refuses to work on your SVT due to lack of experience there is NOTHING in that above policy statement that states this “free” benefit is ONLY if you go to an SVT dealer. It is good at ALL Ford dealers regardless. I don’t know if SVT or Ford reimburses the dealer or not but I really DON’T care, that is between the dealer and Ford since it IS Ford policy…

If Ford had NOT intended on this “free” benefit to SVT owners to be carried out by ALL Ford dealers they would have stated so in their policy and we all know Ford has carefully worded all their other documentation about warranty’s and what could void them…

Old 07-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Thank you all very much for taking the time to help me out, that's the exact info I was looking for. Good point about the wash.

Old 07-20-2004, 08:48 PM
I heard the grease they smear all over your interior was premium quality.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:27 PM
I got the rental car while they replaced my head. Picked the truck up just for the Service Engine light to come on 15 min later. Dropped truck back off, got another rental, and a dirty truck back. I love the grease they smeared all over the interior

Quick Reply: SVT Premium Service