Lightning

Too bad I couldn’t have them both.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004 | 06:40 PM
|
Too bad I couldn’t have them both.

I went back to the dealership today to pick up my parts off my truck. They removed the lower pulley, and pressed the 2.94 upper back on. I was able to get a few pics of my truck and the new Cobra next to each other. The truck sure does look sharp. It’s about back to stock, I pulled the chip, its back to 8 pounds of boost for the first time in a long time. I removed the traction bars, gauges and the loop. All that’s still on the truck is the valve body and exhaust. Oh and the spacer, and the ported plenum.
They weren’t able to give me much for the extended warranty I purchased last year. I know it’s prorated, but I took a good chunk out of it when they did my trans last year. So I just left the warranty on the car, and they are going to be able to transfer it over to the new owner for $50. But I got more than what I needed for trade in, so I couldn’t complain.
After 2 days of driving the new car I can already tell it’s going to be a fun summer. I must admit I will miss my truck when I see them drive by but what can you do? Can’t have both.
Here is one more pic of the car and truck. Guys if we can keep this thread outa the trash this time? I’d appreciate it. Thanks again for everyone’s help with my truck over last 2 years. You all are like family I couldn’t imagine it without ya.

Shane

Old 07-22-2004 | 07:29 PM
Shane
you need to find a good women that would get and extra or 2 jobs so you could have both,

Good luck on your new ride

Old 07-22-2004 | 08:35 PM
Hate to see the Beast leave Shane, but when your trading it for another Supercharged Ford SVT, What can you say except
SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKING

BEST OF LUCK AGAIN BRO

Old 07-23-2004 | 10:54 AM
|
Originally posted by thehammer
Shane
you need to find a good women that would get and extra or 2 jobs so you could have both,
I was thinking about that but even after trade in on my girlfriends saturn and a little cash down, we are still too far off.
Rob thanks again for all the kind words. I wish we were closer, I have always loved your truck. I want to see you run that thing. And I'd love to take you for a ride in the Cobra. Even better maybe you can hop in the pilot seat and you can show me how to drive this thing. I love it man! Its so much fun.
Thanks again, Shane

Quick Reply: Too bad I couldn’t have them both.