Lightning

Got my a$$ handed to me by a....

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can see a chip being very effective on one of those beasts if it can turn off traction control. Could you imagine seeing a $100k+ luxo-sports car with a set of Hoosiers out back at your local track?

Aren't they coming out with the CL65, a 600/700 monster?

Old 07-23-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by LightningGuy
I can see a chip being very effective on one of those beasts if it can turn off traction control. Could you imagine seeing a $100k+ luxo-sports car with a set of Hoosiers out back at your local track?

Aren't they coming out with the CL65, a 600/700 monster?
I could imagine a lot of things. I couldn't imagine getting smoked last night before we raced though.

Last edited by Blown347Hatch; 07-23-2004 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:53 PM
AMG = deadly

Just avoid the AMGs...

I've got a C32 (the little baby of the family)

My wife drove it her first time ever at the track and ran a 13.8 Traction control on, stock tires everything.

with a good driver, the C32 will run mid-low 13s. granted it's 60K, but it's a fast little bugger.

The higher end AMGs are build like tanks. I wouldn't doubt being about the get them in the low tens high 9s.

The engines are detuned somethign fierce. The whole goal is the widest torque curve possible. If you throw a chip on and bump up the boost they get a LOT of HP.

For example, the C32 is 359hp stock (crank). Add chip, pulley and cams and you will be at nearly 400hp at the wheels...

The bigger engines show even better improvments.

In summary, just don't screw with someone who is willing to hammer an AMG (and it's been my experience that AMG drivers are the most willing to run).

Coldie

Old 07-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Re: AMG = deadly

Originally posted by Coldie
Just avoid the AMGs...

I've got a C32 (the little baby of the family)

My wife drove it her first time ever at the track and ran a 13.8 Traction control on, stock tires everything.

with a good driver, the C32 will run mid-low 13s. granted it's 60K, but it's a fast little bugger.

The higher end AMGs are build like tanks. I wouldn't doubt being about the get them in the low tens high 9s.

The engines are detuned somethign fierce. The whole goal is the widest torque curve possible. If you throw a chip on and bump up the boost they get a LOT of HP.

For example, the C32 is 359hp stock (crank). Add chip, pulley and cams and you will be at nearly 400hp at the wheels...

The bigger engines show even better improvments.

In summary, just don't screw with someone who is willing to hammer an AMG (and it's been my experience that AMG drivers are the most willing to run).

Coldie
It's no fun to have a hot rod truck, with all this crap done to it, and still get smoked by a stock sedan-luxury car. It's one thing if it's a ZO-6 or something, but when it's a fuddy-duddy mobile, that's something else. I guess twin screw doesn't hold a candle to twin turbo.

Last edited by Blown347Hatch; 07-23-2004 at 10:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Got my a$$ handed to me by a....