Lightning

Stock Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 02:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Speakers

I have an 01 L without any mods and I was wondering about the stock speakers in my truck, are they junk from the factory or do they just get real crappy over the life of the truck. I can barely turn the sound up with any bass at all or I get horrid cracking and distorting sounds. Is this normal for these speakers or should I invest in something of a little better quality, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Josh

Old 07-23-2004, 02:58 AM
dude i put in 4 6x8 pioneer 70R's...their kickass id put in new speakers, put in a new head unit for sure and sum subs to go with it..my system bumps with those 70R's

Old 07-23-2004, 03:07 AM
Re: Stock Speakers

Originally posted by rheadog1
I was wondering about the stock speakers in my truck, are they junk from the factory
Yes.

A new set of speakers will make a world of difference!

Old 07-23-2004, 03:36 AM
You can buy the set of four stock speakers with a $5 bill and still get change back.

Old 07-23-2004, 06:36 AM
If you want to make your stock speakers sound better until you get your new ones, use the fader and set the balance halfway between the center mark and full front mark on your display. (select fade, push the + button 3-4 times)

This takes some of the power off the rear speakers and makes the system sound A LOT better. I read this in a previous post on this board and it works wonders. I think the post said the rears have some material around them that causes excessive bass and distortion but I can't remember now.

I was going to buy new speakers but I did this simple mod and just decided to keep my stock ones. I'll spend the money on motor mods.

Last edited by Rio J; 07-23-2004 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:31 AM
I have an 01 and replaced the stock speakers with MB-Quart 6X8's made a major difference in the stock radio and deck. Which is the 6 disk in dash premium radio out of an explore. Also if you do it add some sound absorbing matt behind the speakers! Artie

Old 07-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Got some infinity speakers at "Car Toys"

The fronts were on sale for $100. I was driving by when it opened on saturday morning and was the first one in. I asked how long it would take to put them in. 20 minutes later I am driving down the road with the tunes cranked and a smile on my face.
My rears weren't to bad and I figure if your driving there is enough road noise that you can't here the quality of a real expensive system anyway.

The system in my 04 sounds pretty good stock!

Watching a profesional installer work was interesting. It would have taken me several hours to figure out how to unsnap the door molding and fiqure out the sequence.

Spend $150 and enjoy, or save up for a Bassani exhaust and you won't listen to the radio anymore anyway.

Old 07-23-2004, 12:44 PM
The stock ones in my '00 were paper...I didn't even know they still made paper ones anymore in that size.

Quick Reply: Stock Speakers