Lightning

Sould You Run Higher In Winter Time

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sould You Run Higher OCTANE In Winter Time

In the summer months i guess you can run 93 octane and in winter months 94 with aggresive tune is everyone in agreememt on this ????? thanks for your input

LIGHTNIN FAST***********________

Last edited by tlfwatch; 07-23-2004 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you know Bro, unfortunately winter always brings us Blown Motors. Last year Doug even did a sticky warning people, as usually we still lost some, but I think it was our best winter yet,
the tunes and gained knowledge has def helped US ALL A LOT.

Bottom line, for guys like me that are already running (now that I officially found out) 19 degrees of timing on my mild Program (Nitrous program) and @ 2-3 degrees more 24/7 on my regular street program WE HAVE TO REMEMBER the computer can and will add up to 3 MORE degrees of timing on a severe cold day, that can be instant death for someone not aware of this, and especially for the newbies that aren't aware of the colder denser air giving EVEN MORE boost on top of that.
With a lean tune and a heavy foot, that equals

This is why my truck WAS AND IS set up to run SAFE in sub zero temps, EVEN WITH NITROUS. If you remember all my initial Nitrous testing was done on a 20 something degree night a couple of winters ago when I first installed the Zex System.
This is also why my A/F is like 10. nothing at WOT even with the added Port and upper pulley.

So for me, Winter equals by by Upper Pulley, and I switch to my lower 19 degree Nitrous program and use that 24/7 all winter long. AS for Octane now that Sal showed me where to buy the 100 Octane, I've run NOTHING ELSE and will continue to run ONLY THAT (unless I'm on the road and have no choice)

As for what octane you can get away with, only you know that answer, and RULE # 1, if you hear detonation, YOUR IN TROUBLE

Quick Reply: Sould You Run Higher In Winter Time