Lightning

Update from the track.... RDY2RAC (Rob) made his first run, WOO HOO........

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Chainsaw13
I take it since you're still home, no news yet. unless you have wireless in your delivery room.
Yep still home (or at least at work right now). I don't think the hospital has internet access (maybe in a waiting room somewhere). I expect Robert to give a full report the evening I have the baby since he won't be staying overnight with me.

Now that Robert is back home he told the baby that he could come anytime.

Jeff, do you know if anyone was videoing the runs? I so wanted to be there, especially after hearing his runs over the phone.

Old 07-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by rdy2rac with
Yep still home (or at least at work right now). I don't think the hospital has internet access (maybe in a waiting room somewhere). I expect Robert to give a full report the evening I have the baby since he won't be staying overnight with me.

Now that Robert is back home he told the baby that he could come anytime.

Jeff, do you know if anyone was videoing the runs? I so wanted to be there, especially after hearing his runs over the phone.
I know someone that video taped the runs.........

Old 07-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by blown318
I know someone that video taped the runs.........
I shoulda guessed that.

BTW, did Robert tell you that anytime Veronica see's videos of silver L's she first asks if its his, then she asks if its Chris's, then asks if it's Kelly's. She informed me the other day while driving around that Kelly pulls the truck in & out of the trailer.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Way To Go Rob!...You deserve it!...I'm sure much quicker times will soon be had for ya.....JL

Old 07-28-2004, 06:53 PM
its been a long time coming but its starting to come around.
here's an album of most of my pic's from the conversion.
http://r2rp.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3

this project was not part of any paxton r&d just my curiousity of what if. i had Livernois motorsports do all the fabrication but we did get paxton to give us a killer deal on the head unit and blower bracket. one thing i have learned from this is it is definitely not plug and play like the kb's where the tuners have had time to tune them. i have well over 50 hours on a mustang dyne and over 40 1/4 passes so far. i had to restall the PI converter to 4000. and i am now shifting at 6000rpm's for both the 1-2 and 2-3 shift points. were seeing almost 20 psi. on the dyno and are making 508hp and 463tq on a mustang dyne. we ran a string of 11.80's this past weekend at rt.66. we are real conservative with the timing and we are seeing 11.2 a/f. i'm in the process of making a chiller box for the intercooler. once thats done we expect 3-4 tenths from that alone.

Old 07-28-2004, 08:53 PM
id like to hear that thing launch with a 4k stall with a 6k shift point. hows the streetability with that stall

Old 07-28-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
Hey Chris, can you imagine if that happen to Gator,

all his Beer would be all over the track
where is that man?
Shane

Quick Reply: Update from the track.... RDY2RAC (Rob) made his first run, WOO HOO........