Lightning

Goodyear F1's National Backorder..WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004 | 07:36 AM
I just purchased 2 new f-1's from these guys a couple weeks ago. They were $186 each. It looks like they still have them in stock. Give it a try.

http://onlinetires.com/main.html

Old 07-27-2004 | 08:10 AM
Thank you Gentleman for your support on my china comment.

Seems like the lightning guy is itching for trouble at any opportunity. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

It is also interesting to note that our tire source has dried up about the same time the second generation Lightning stopped production. (supply and demand, Minimum production etc)

"PEACE"

Old 07-27-2004 | 09:00 AM
Off topic side note

China is sinking ...As much as 2 meters since the early 1900's - The ground in many parts of the country is sinking due to combination of over building and over pumping of ground water

The 2 articles mentioned here should be enough to give the forward thinking among us concern. The population and economy of China is on a HUGE upswing. It appears that the growth is already causing major problems

The world bank has this article about it Reduction of Urban Groundwater Abstraction in a Command Economy to Control Land

another here Cities sinking due to excessive pumping of groundwater

I dont have a solution - But I wouldnt be surprised to hear that the Democrats want to spend billions to help some how....

Old 07-27-2004 | 09:48 AM
What does a Goodyear F1 shortage for our Lightnings have to do with China?
Everything.

Stop being ignorant
In this case, this a quote that should be self advice.

Some stats have been posted already so I'll comment with first hand experience. They are controlling the markets for anything that has to do with manufacturing. Their buying power is second to none. So when they need something not produced domestically, they'll get it no matter what. In turn this destroys any market involved with the stuff they're after. I'm in the steel rod/wire buisiness and was over in Beijing in May. It is incredible how they are building and what they are doing in general. It's really scary looking ahead about 5 years.

On a side note, the corporation I work for is the major bead supplier to the domestic Goodyear plants. Pretty cool concerning this thread. It's a different division though or else I'd have more to bring to the table as far as the Goodyear situation.

BD

Old 07-27-2004 | 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
Off topic side note

China is sinking ...As much as 2 meters since the early 1900's - The ground in many parts of the country is sinking due to combination of over building and over pumping of ground water

Thats right on topic the petrochemical synthetic rubber processing facilites are in Chinas ports which will soon be underwater = no F1's

Old 07-27-2004 | 01:06 PM
Off topic side note

I dont have a solution - But I wouldnt be surprised to hear that the Democrats want to spend billions to help some how....
Excuse me, but the Democrats aren't the ones spending this country into oblivion. It is the Republicans. Just look at what they have spent on Iraq. Democrats would rather that money be spent in this country, you know, The United States of America.

Old 07-27-2004 | 01:48 PM
Uh oh, if this thread gets political, it's over. World economics is a much better topic that can affect us directly instead of mudslinging

BD

Old 07-27-2004 | 01:48 PM
Originally posted by easterisland
Excuse me, but the Democrats aren't the ones spending this country into oblivion. It is the Republicans. Just look at what they have spent on Iraq. Democrats would rather that money be spent in this country, you know, The United States of America.
Need to restrain myself... No mention of social boondoggles, no mention that Kerry has voted for Tax increases 350 times and against a balanced budget 5 times, that he voted for a 50 cent Gas tax increase

Nope wont go there

I agree that we dont need to be spending billions in other countries - However that amount is a drop in the bucket compared to the social programs the Democrats use to buy votes.

Old 07-27-2004 | 02:05 PM
Originally posted by EZGZ

I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with CHINA. They have caused material shortages all over with different things in there preperation for the Olympics I guess.
Thanks for the statistics, guys. Point taken on the rise of petrochemical imports in China. Now show me where output is dropping?

And where does this direct correlation between China hosting the Olympics and material shortages come from? What's the basis of your speculation that the world's seventh largest economy is experiencing a bottleneck in production in one specific industry (tire-making) due to hosting the Olympics?

Would you blame Japan's entire economy if you couldn't get your hot little hands on the newest Sony WEGA from your local Best Buy or Circuit City? I think not.

Of course, if it were Doug, this would all be another Democratic conspiracy to withhold tires from Lightning owners, the center of the universe.

Get real. :santa:

Old 07-27-2004 | 02:08 PM

I agree that we dont need to be spending billions in other countries - However that amount is a drop in the bucket compared to the social programs the Democrats use to buy votes.
Yes! Down with social programs! Down with education reform! Let's spend it on other countries instead!

Old 07-27-2004 | 02:13 PM
Originally posted by RED 92
Thats right on topic the petrochemical synthetic rubber processing facilites are in Chinas ports which will soon be underwater = no F1's

Do you have any evidence to support this? Have you been to said ports, documented sinkage in particular areas where petrochemical rubber processing facilities are located?

Go out there and check your tires. You'll notice the small print that says, "Made in the USA." Instead of blaming a tire shortage of ONE particular model and size on an entire COUNTRY's economy, why not consider the possibility that the bottleneck resides stateside in some plant in Ohio.

By the way, I called my local dealership just to check and they are in full stock of Goodyear F1 GS tires for Corvettes. So I guess the shortage is for 295/45/18s only?

It must be some international conspiracy to keep us Lightning owners (and Lightning owners only) from doing burnouts!

Old 07-27-2004 | 02:45 PM
OK...so this all means that...

China is cornering the market on Lightning tires? Gosh, didn't realize Ford exported so many of them to China.

Old 07-27-2004 | 03:13 PM
Here's my two cents ...

In one area, REBAR, which used to cost about $400.00 a ton,
the fact that the Chinese are buying up aslmost 100 percent of
the scrap steel in this country has driven the price to over
$1200.00 a ton. The construction companies won't even give
a fixed bid on construction of concrete anymore. "Spot" price
clauses are inserted.

Lightningguy, nobody minds you having an opinion, but just
jumping in for the thrill of it is tiresome (Pun intended). To
continue to argue against all facts is childish and unnecessary.

Far better to just say "I was wrong about that!" and move on.
It's part of growing up and becoming a rational thinker. We've
all made the mistake of just posting to hear ourselves talk.
The internet makes it so anonymous that youi say things that
you would never say to someone's face and you don't even feel
bad about it. Much better to just be nice.

Politically speaking, until the Dem's accept the fact that it is a
GLOBAL economy nowadays, there is little hope for the "feel-good"
legislation and the huge waste of Gov't dollars on
social programs changing. If you wanna change something,
get off your **** and work at it.

Dang, there I go agreeing with Doug again !!!

PS... one more thing ... The Goodyear Eagle F1's were specifically
built for our trucks. That might explain some of the shortage.
Not enough DEMAND .... Go out and smoke some up ...

Cliff

Old 07-27-2004 | 03:15 PM
china sucks.

i want my f1s.

Old 07-27-2004 | 03:19 PM
WOW politics

I say we need Bill Clinton AGAIN
and this time around I think he should hook up with Paris Hilton

Quick Reply: Goodyear F1's National Backorder..WTF?