Lightning

Goodyear F1's National Backorder..WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004 | 03:41 PM
Just a few months ago my cost for 87-93 aluminum mustang drive shafts almost doubled in price.

Old 07-27-2004 | 04:29 PM
So just how did this thread about F-1's on backorder (I read because I am in the market for tires) become a Republician/Democrat pissing contest?

I could understand it if 01XLT Sport was involved

Old 07-27-2004 | 04:41 PM
Back to tires:

Tire rack is showing availabilty on the Goodyears 7/30/04.

Old 07-27-2004 | 04:42 PM
Originally posted by kerno
Back to tires:

Is that the new thread design?

Old 07-27-2004 | 04:49 PM
Originally posted by SVT_KY

Far better to just say "I was wrong about that!" and move on.

PS... one more thing ... The Goodyear Eagle F1's were specifically
built for our trucks. That might explain some of the shortage.
Not enough DEMAND .... Go out and smoke some up ...

Cliff
I believe the people who made such blanket statements blaming China's economy for the shortage of Lightning-specific tires is completely inane. How am I grasping at straws here?

Furthermore, what does Democrats vs. Republicans or the supply of REBAR have to do with Goodyear F1 tires in 295/45/18 being sold out?

My disagreeance lies in the statement: "I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with CHINA. They have caused material shortages all over with different things in there preperation for the Olympics I guess."

Tell me you believe there's a direct correlation between China being a host for the Olympics and the shortage of Lighting-specific Goodyear F1s in 295/45/18. Come on, Cliff...I have faith in you.

Old 07-27-2004 | 04:51 PM
Originally posted by kerno
Back to tires:

Whew, China's economy must be recovering!

Old 07-27-2004 | 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
Need to restrain myself... No mention of social boondoggles, no mention that Kerry has voted for Tax increases 350 times and against a balanced budget 5 times, that he voted for a 50 cent Gas tax increase

Nope wont go there

I agree that we dont need to be spending billions in other countries - However that amount is a drop in the bucket compared to the social programs the Democrats use to buy votes.

Okay. I'm going to have to ask that you don't muddy the waters with facts.

Old 07-27-2004 | 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
So just how did this thread about F-1's on backorder (I read because I am in the market for tires) become a Republician/Democrat pissing contest?

I could understand it if 01XLT Sport was involved
What in the hell did I do? I have been very good up here in the Lightning forum because I have great respect for my new found brothers and sisters…

However, down in General Discussion its gloves off baby…

Old 07-27-2004 | 05:41 PM
Hell since it has been brought up I’ll throw in my 2 cents worth. Yes China is using up a lot of natural resources and one of the main reasons that gas prices are high and will basically forever remain high and go even higher is because China is buying and using more of the worlds oil resources.

They are a growing economy because of United States polices with them that have been supported by BOTH republicans and democrats of which Clinton was one of the biggest supporters of. Anyone remember NAFTA?

It is a good policy to have with China. There were basically two avenues that could be taken with China. One was to close them off and isolate them. That doesn’t work so well with CHIT loads of people pissed off, out of work and riding them stupid little bicycles. If pissed off enough they wouldn’t have much to lose by going to war with the United States.

The other avenue to take, and the one we are riding, is to confront them and work with them. Get them addicted to free markets and the concept and feeling of “capitalism” (like getting them hooked on a drug). That is the course they are currently on and one of the reasons there economy is going so well, not to mention many jobs moving from America to China because of cheap labor, NAFTA.

Moral of the story is it is hard to go to war and possibly wipe someone out that you now depend on to feed your addiction, the money flowing from Americans into China’s economy and their pockets.

Face it, once your use to driving around in a nice car or truck you don’t want that stupid bike anymore.

NOW, fill up your tanks and enjoy this dirt cheap fuel we have while it’s still cheap…

Old 07-27-2004 | 09:41 PM
When did china become part of north america?

Old 07-27-2004 | 09:58 PM
Originally posted by wurk_truk
When did china become part of north america?
Last week where were you?

My mistake, wrong region, wrong policy, just completely screwed up and now stand corrected.

I was thinking Most Favored Nation, which is now called Normal Trade Relations, which we have had with China since the 80’s and has helped propel them into a “somewhat” capitalist country and a “somewhat” dependant country of America. In other words a good amount of their economy is dependant on America, and in turn a decent size of our economy is dependant on China and Twain this is due to our trade relationship with China…

Old 07-27-2004 | 10:02 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Last week where were you?

My mistake, wrong region, wrong policy, just completely screwed up and now stand corrected.

I was thinking Most Favored Nation, which is now called Normal Trade Relations, which we have had with China since the 80’s and has helped propel them into a “somewhat” capitalist country and a “somewhat” dependant country of America. In other words a good amount of their economy is dependant on America, and in turn a decent size of our economy is dependant on China and Twain this is due to our trade relationship with China…
ay ay captain.

Old 07-27-2004 | 10:52 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Lhelped propel them into a “somewhat” capitalist country and a “somewhat” dependant country of America. In other words a good amount of their economy is dependant on America, and in turn a decent size of our economy is dependant on China and Twain this is due to our trade relationship with China…
You couldn't be more right. I have taken business trips to Shanghai, Beijing, and Nanjing and it's more capitalist than we give them credit for. Any multinational company who hasn't already taken advantage of the Asian market is thinking to do so.

Personally, I'd rather spend the billions developing relationships with Asian factories, laborers, and ultimately consumers than I would policing Iraq.

Old 07-27-2004 | 11:20 PM
forget that either get Toyo's whch last .5 longer or get damned Nitto 555r drag raidals. the F1's are for only stockers. Not for people who replace their Lightning tires.

Old 07-28-2004 | 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Unoid
forget that either get Toyo's whch last .5 longer or get damned Nitto 555r drag raidals. the F1's are for only stockers. Not for people who replace their Lightning tires.
Toyos suck. And not everyone drag races. F1s or Nitto NT555s are fine for someone who wants great performance from a tire that lasts (well, at least compared to the Nitto DRs)...

Quick Reply: Goodyear F1's National Backorder..WTF?