Lightning

Goodyear F1's National Backorder..WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004 | 09:31 AM
I have taken business trips to Shanghai, Beijing, and Nanjing and it's more capitalist than we give them credit for. Any multinational company who hasn't already taken advantage of the Asian market is thinking to do so.
I'm really curious as to what type of buisiness or industry you're in based on your posts on this thread. You don't seem to understand what the implications of what's going on over there are. I've been to each of your listed cities, and in the Markets that will affect us directly, Capitalism is still in infancy. In the financial sector, yes the shift is on, but this thread is about backordered F1's which is industrial.

F1 tire demand low, shortage of certain components needed to make tires=allocation of these components=no F1's. Better hope Yokahama starts making tires in our size. (Japan I know, just a joke:-)

ALL BECAUSE OF CHINA

Personally, I'd rather spend the billions developing relationships with Asian factories, laborers, and ultimately consumers than I would policing Iraq.
I'm sure the thousands of Americans losing Manufacturing jobs would totally agree with you on this.

Everyone keep chewing the fat

BD

Old 07-28-2004 | 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Cali L
I'm really curious as to what type of buisiness or industry you're in based on your posts on this thread. You don't seem to understand what the implications of what's going on over there are.

I'm sure the thousands of Americans losing Manufacturing jobs would totally agree with you on this.

Everyone keep chewing the fat

BD
We do radio tracking for wildlife, hunting dogs, even elderly people. www.wildlifematerials.com

A large portion of our subcontracting goes overseas, mainly China. Why not? Why should I purchase a resistor stateside for 10 to 15 times the price of one I could purchase in China for pennies to the dollar? Patriotism? I think not.

We have several engineers that do QC with our workers in the US and China and the quality has never been an issue.

While I believe capitalism and the motivation for self-improvement is inherent in all of us, I do agree that capitalism as an agenda for the Chinese government is still in its basic stages. But all that is changing rapidly. Whether their government likes it or not, industry is booming and will soon demand a free market. In the past decade, they've already opened up more than they have in the last half century.

Now how does this have to do with hosting the Olympics? Since you've been to the cities I've named, do you honestly believe that China is so under-developed that hosting such an event has caused shortages and bottlenecks in production and a decrease in output?

Here's a simple analogy. We all know China is a larger economy than Mexico. But suppose, at your favorite bar around the 5th of May, you ordered Corona and the barkeep said they were fresh out and wouldn't be getting a new shipment for another week. Would you automatically relate the shortage to the Cinco de Mayo festivities held in Mexico? I would hope not.

By the way, what industry are you in?

Last edited by LightningGuy; 07-28-2004 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-28-2004 | 01:30 PM
It was stated on my first post. Wire and building products drawn out of steel rod.

Sister company is major supplier to Goodyear and Bridgestone for bead wire. Can't make a tire without it. They are down to Just-in-time inventory of rod because of a worldwide shortage, caused by the Chinese controlling/killing the market. All of our customers are on allocation. Small guys going under. My division is in the same boat for raw material. We search the globe for it. Raw Material available is shared by both of us.

All metals are affected, steel just being the worst.

Poor quality on many Chinese products is what has saved many US companies to date. They're catching up.

Totally different Cat than your radios used for wildlife, and seems to be much more important to the L community.

Patriotism isn't the issue here.

BD

Old 07-28-2004 | 03:53 PM
Goodyear just called me. It seems that while they are out of stock in the storage facilities, if you complain to goodyear they will find a store some where that has them and have them shipped to one near you. I told the guy thanks but I already ordered nitto 555rs.

31C

Old 07-28-2004 | 05:58 PM
A large portion of our subcontracting goes overseas, mainly China. Why not? Why should I purchase a resistor stateside for 10 to 15 times the price of one I could purchase in China for pennies to the dollar? Patriotism? I think not
Just remember, everyone has to eat. When people are out of work, they steal to pay the bills and eat. They just might be kicking in your door one day. And no, I do not have a manufacturing job, I just know what's coming if more and more jobs leave our shores. You've been forewarned.

Old 07-28-2004 | 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Frank S
Just remember, everyone has to eat. When people are out of work, they steal to pay the bills and eat. They just might be kicking in your door one day.
Sounds like something Chairman Mao would say

We feed plenty of mouths here. We keep the maximum number of employees allowable for an S-corp.

Old 07-28-2004 | 10:00 PM
I'm wondering if the Cop will accept my excuse that, their on order, while I use my Hoosiers ! https://www.f150online.com/galleries...7094&anum=2239

Last edited by SMOKINTRUCK#1; 07-28-2004 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2004 | 07:40 AM
I walked into Goodyear here and bought two new
F1's yesterday... must be one of the lucky few ...

Old 07-29-2004 | 10:22 AM
Ok we all love China...They are smart and hard working...

But can you get a good Pizza in China ?? and have they a good baseball team ??

Old 07-29-2004 | 10:36 AM
Actually you can. It's called Pizza Hut

The F'n American chains over there are the buisiest damn places.

Oh, and I don't like China Now Singapore, that's a different story......

BD

Old 07-29-2004 | 01:04 PM
Singapore is nice. Very clean city. But I don't like the food as much! Chinese food, especially in Shanghai, is the absolute best. Nothing like being able to pick which lobster or crab you want from a tank and naming one of the 30-40 ways you want it prepared from a list.

They have plenty of Pizza Huts, McDonalds, KFCs, and even TGI Fridays over there. Their KFC is a lot better than ours, at least up here in the north. It rivals Church's and good ol' Southern chicken joints!

Old 07-29-2004 | 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
[B]Off topic side note

China is sinking ...As much as 2 meters since the early 1900's - The ground in many parts of the country is sinking due to combination of over building and over pumping of ground water

The 2 articles mentioned here should be enough to give the forward thinking among us concern. The population and economy of China is on a HUGE upswing. It appears that the growth is already causing major problems
That's the reason they are taking over and control the US economy. Once they own the US they will move over. They are also buying our Neighbour to the north, Canada. Think this is nonsence, just take a look around you and look at all the Chinese goods you have bought lately.

TB

Last edited by Silver_2000; 07-29-2004 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-29-2004 | 04:53 PM
Originally posted by TrackBeast
That's the reason they are taking over and control the US economy. Once they own the US they will move over. They are also buying our Neighbour to the north, Canada. Think this is nonsence, just take a look around you and look at all the Chinese goods you have bought lately.

TB
I agree that we are buyig lots of goods from China - BUT we have been for 15 or more years ...

The issue I was talking about was that China is outsrtipping thier own resources VERY quickly including Petroleum products...

Its funny the projected reserves for petroleum products dont ever take into account all these rapdidly developing HUGE nations economies improving to the point that the populations fossil fuels consumption doubles every 10 years....

Its going to be a rough ride

Old 07-29-2004 | 05:38 PM
I wouldn’t be too concerned about China trying to buy the United States. Some people got real nervous in the 80’s when the Japanese where buying up all kinds of property. They, the Japanese made a lot of people in America rich by paying top dollar and losing a HUGE chunk of their money when the economy took a dump for a while.

Here is the thing to remember, first just because some foreign entity buys up property here in America they can NOT take it with them. Second, we still have the right to keep and bear arms (2nd Amendment) I pity the fool that thinks they can walk in and take over this country…

Old 07-29-2004 | 05:52 PM
The issue I was talking about was that China is outsrtipping thier own resources VERY quickly including Petroleum products...
Exactly. The main issue that currently is hurting the US industrial sectors isn't Chinese exports (as said before, that's old news), it's actually Chinese IMPORTS. They are expanding so fast, they can't keep up their supply chain domestically, and must search elsewhere. The only things that are helping us breath are the Chinese Government self regulation, and the fact that their infrastructure (railways, trucking, etc) isn't up to speed yet. Both are choking them, but that will change.

At least we still have this and this

I'm out.

BD

Quick Reply: Goodyear F1's National Backorder..WTF?